Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.4 Beta

jason

New Beta can be downloaded on the front page. Minor changes to help those with USB issues.

• More Windows USB Connection Improvements
  • More Logging

IMPORTANT

If you used the setup.exe, or are coming from version 0.9.2, follow the instructions below.

Windows 11

• Go to add Remove Programs
  • Remove all Skip Applications

Windows 10

• Click on Start-Apps
    • Find SkipApp
    • Right Click and Uninstall, see image below
  • Remove all Skip Applications

Remember to upload your logs. You can find them here: Log file is stored here:

%localappdata%\Packages\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_sddpyax1dmvqm\LocalState

The app still crashes for me when hovering over a created activity, but I tried installing the app on my work computer and there it seems to work fine :D

I don't know if this is helpful and if you need any other information I'm happy to help. Both computers are running build 19045 of Win 10 but my work computer has the Enterprise version and my personal computer runs the pro version. My work computer is an HP laptop and my personal computer is a desktop I put together myself.

I haven't received my remote yet so I can't try anything else except for the app itself.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slaw said:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the update I appreciate the quick turn around, but unfortunately I'm still experiencing the same issue. Also tried same process on my htpc (windows 10 as well) with same results.

I can attach my log this time through!

flirc20230113.log 59.56 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much. Going through it. Any chance for a weekend debug session?

10 hours ago, Tony said:

The app still crashes for me when hovering over a created activity, but I tried installing the app on my work computer and there it seems to work fine :D

I don't know if this is helpful and if you need any other information I'm happy to help. Both computers are running build 19045 of Win 10 but my work computer has the Enterprise version and my personal computer runs the pro version. My work computer is an HP laptop and my personal computer is a desktop I put together myself.

I haven't received my remote yet so I can't try anything else except for the app itself.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for the feedback. Logs would be very helpful. Also if you message me your IP, we can try and match the crash report in sentry. 

I finally got V 0.9.4 installed and running after resetting permissions in WindowsApps folder to default.

Q: After selecting my first "A" Activity "Watch TV", the GUI goes to "These devices will be used in your activity" and "Press continue...."

Problem: the screen shows no devices nor any way to add them.  (see screen shot)

Devices.jpg

37 minutes ago, biketour said:

I finally got V 0.9.4 installed and running after resetting permissions in WindowsApps folder to default.

Q: After selecting my first "A" Activity "Watch TV", the GUI goes to "These devices will be used in your activity" and "Press continue...."

Problem: the screen shows no devices nor any way to add them.  (see screen shot)

Devices.jpg

That Add Device button there in the middle of the screen isn't working?

2 hours ago, biketour said:

Devices.jpg

Mousevore and click this

CleanShot 2023-01-13 at 17.31.46.png

4 minutes ago, Stasis said:

Still a no go for installing on Windows 7.  Why not just package the install as an .exe or an .msi so everyone can install this thing?  It is a very fine paperweight.

image.jpeg.ce9762f9a82d7b921aa5f4bca32f2242.jpeg

And when I do install the MSIX Core this is what I get:

image.jpeg.820bd8f7c4d29871b90a216c2eb3ea2a.jpeg

So far, I am not loving this remote ...

MSIX are microsoft's official packages going forward. There are ways to get MSIX packages installed on windows 7, but it's out of our scope.

Windows 7 is no longer supported by microsoft themseleves, isn't windows 10-11 a free upgrade?

7 hours ago, Stasis said:

On your download page it states specifically that your software works with Windows 7:

Why not use a package installer like .msi for those users that use an older OS?  By not doing that you are isolating almost 200 million Win7 users according to Digital Information World.

This is a UWP app, so W10+. I'm guessing the W7/8 listing is a hold over from the OTHER stuff that still uses the classic installer(s), e.g. the FLIRC.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stasis said:

Since you are unwilling to help even though the download does state Win7 compatibility, which is not true, I will play with it this weekend.  If I can't get the program to install then I will be needing an RMA to return.  Please provide instructions for an RMA in the event that it is no supported by Win7.

Thanks

Of course. 

Windows 10 user here.

The SkipApp seems to crash if 1) I am running my VPN client, or 2) I have things running in USB ports, and, certainly if 3) I have my Harmony remote jacked into USB and connected to the logitech site. Outside of that, it also seems to choke at times and kick out an error when saving changes (any attempt to keep using it after that requires starting over from the beginning of the wizard), but if I close the app and restart it, my config is still there.

I'm also having some issues replicating the functionality and responsiveness of the Harmony.

So, I ordered another Skip 1s! Keep up the good work Jason and Nathan!

33 minutes ago, rdn said:

Windows 10 user here.

The SkipApp seems to crash if 1) I am running my VPN client, or 2) I have things running in USB ports, and, certainly if 3) I have my Harmony remote jacked into USB and connected to the logitech site. Outside of that, it also seems to choke at times and kick out an error when saving changes (any attempt to keep using it after that requires starting over from the beginning of the wizard), but if I close the app and restart it, my config is still there.

I'm also having some issues replicating the functionality and responsiveness of the Harmony.

So, I ordered another Skip 1s! Keep up the good work Jason and Nathan!

Oh this is so weird, can you post your log?

Unfortunately, when I see a faulty trend I avoid doing that again. I will save logs the next time I see the app crashing ... hasn't happened since I stopped (what I perceived to be) the problematic activity. And, the VPN and Harmony crashes happened with 0.9.1-2, and the configuration-saving crashes happened with 0.9.2-3. So far, 0.9.4 is not crashing, but I'm not trying to crash it :)

Edit: I will keep an eye out, and save logs going forward.

Edited by rdn

36 minutes ago, rdn said:

Unfortunately, when I see a faulty trend I avoid doing that again. I will save logs the next time I see the app crashing ... hasn't happened since I stopped (what I perceived to be) the problematic activity. And, the VPN and Harmony crashes happened with 0.9.1-2, and the configuration-saving crashes happened with 0.9.2-3. So far, 0.9.4 is not crashing, but I'm not trying to crash it :)

Edit: I will keep an eye out, and save logs going forward.

try to crash it, it should be robust.

7 hours ago, jason said:

Sorry, I mean build type. Is it a pre-built, laptop, etc. Really trying to reproduce this. I'm still continuing work, hang in there.

custom build. desktop, asus tuf z590, i9-11900kf, 32gb ram, rtx 3090. not sure all of what youre looking for here.

I've tried using a c<=>c cable and an c<=>c cable, same outcome. tried using mobo ports and hub on monitor.