Flirc Forums

SkipApp-0.9.955 with IR Learning - Alpha 5

jason

Fairly close to a release candidate. List of what's still left is at the bottom.

Critical - Learning requires both remotes to be facing each other and about 1 inch apart.

Further detail here along in previous releases:
Alpha 1
Alpha 2
Alpha 3
Alpha 4

Here is how it works:

You need to be using the included firmware in order to do any recording. The version embedded is v4.13.2

Changelog

• Improved - Recording bugs
  • Improved - Admin Panel record capture
  • Improved - User feedback during recording
  • Improved - Possible error feedback during record
  • Improved - Final animation
  • Fixed - Disable start record by clicking on slider item
  • Fixed - Slider Animation spacing
  • Fixed - Slider visual style
  • Fixed - Glitch on sliding blocks
  • Fixed - UX elements in compact mode

Windows Download
Mac Download
Linux - We understand the issue, and have one more bug to solve. We're working on it.

Firmware Update

If you are not presented with update dialog, please follow the directions outlined here.

What's Next

• User config optimizations
  • 3 more known bug fixes
  • Save the button layout for later recall or editing
  • Save the button layout for user config export
  • Fix linux
  • Like 1

Just now, roland said:

Hi, why Record button is grayed out in Alpha 4 for me (Mac OS)? Do i need to do something to enable it?image.thumb.jpeg.5e191c97c06c415e2ead4045500d527c.jpeg

You need to have the reomte plugged in, and on the latest firmware. If you are not presented with update dialog, please follow the directions outlined here.

11 minutes ago, jason said:

You need to have the reomte plugged in, and on the latest firmware. I

f you are not presented with update dialog, please follow the directions outlined here.

it says: "SkipApp 0.9.955.7186 is currently the newest version available." and it is plugged 

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 09.46.11.jpg

1 minute ago, roland said:

I found it. 

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 11.33.31.jpg

Awesome. Thanks. You aren’t on the latest firmware. Force the update by following the instructions outlined in my sticky post. 

2 minutes ago, jason said:

Awesome. Thanks. You aren’t on the latest firmware. Force the update by following the instructions outlined in my sticky post. 

Understood. I was confused between device firmware vs software version. Will do!!! Also, why can't i choose dark mode for the app? It says "Follow System Settings" but why can't i just choose?

1 hour ago, roland said:

Understood. I was confused between device firmware vs software version. Will do!!! Also, why can't i choose dark mode for the app? It says "Follow System Settings" but why can't i just choose?

It’s not implemented yet. With such  limited team we’re only focusing on needed features before jumping back to fixing style, animations, etc. 

Thanks Jason. Very helpful support and awesome device. I hope it can improve even more so I can recommend this device to all family and friends and beyond. As of right now, it might be limited to some tech savvy members of my family. 

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

I'm afraid that I still have, very occasionally, that the remote "freezes" and I need to briefly disconnect one of the batteries. No big deal, but I thought you might want to know.

Thank you for letting me know. I will add something to the next release to help diagnose this. 

Hi Jason,

I was trying the latest firmware it offered me (4.13.4-0-gaa92d6f) and as soon as I start recording, it says it can't connect to the server, when clicking on the first remote-button - even though my internet works. Am I'm doing anything wrong?

Skip App version: 0.9.955.7168 [learning]

Regards,
Lennard

9 minutes ago, Lennard said:

Hi Jason,

I was trying the latest firmware it offered me (4.13.4-0-gaa92d6f) and as soon as I start recording, it says it can't connect to the server, when clicking on the first remote-button - even though my internet works. Am I'm doing anything wrong?

Skip App version: 0.9.955.7168 [learning]

Regards,
Lennard

Nope, this seems to be new, I'm looking into it.

Screenshot_FLIRC_error_Internet.thumb.png.3e3914b44b4c804fcd3c20b42b836ca3.png

I've retried it to provide a screenshot. I also tried in in a new profile (C), just in case it has something to do with my existing setup, in which I was trying to add a custom remote. Same result there.

Looking forward to beeing able to control my whole system with one remote :-)

Thanks and regards,
Lennard

On 2/8/2024 at 3:11 AM, Lennard said:

I've retried it to provide a screenshot. I also tried in in a new profile (C), just in case it has something to do with my existing setup, in which I was trying to add a custom remote. Same result there.

Looking forward to beeing able to control my whole system with one remote :-)

Thanks and regards,
Lennard

Looks to be a Windows bug. Should have a fix in place with the next release. 

We found a lot of issues bugs and edge cases. We were much farther than I anticipated. This next update. is where I thought this version would be. But we probably have 2 more until we are ready for this to roll into beta. The things that we are focused on is making sure that recording is reliable. I really don't want users to walk through, sync, only to find a bunch of buttons not working.

So once we are confident in the recording, feedback, and stability, we will focus on re-editing and testing direct from the wizard.

Locking thread, please test and follow up here: 

Thanks for all the patience and feedback.

• jason locked this topic