Flirc Forums

Vu+ Cursor Up

I have a Vu+ Uno 4K, cursor up does not work. When pressing the button, the Vu+ gets a signal (led flashing), but nothing happens. Tried different Vu+ profiles, all work fine, except the cursor up.

I also have a Vu+ Solo SE, they use the same remote, same problem here, so seems to be a general Vu+ issue

(App 0.9.68 beta + firmware 4.12.11-4)

Edited by Hallogallo

I tried again, with most Vu+ profiles all buttons work, except the cursor up. Two of the profiles don't work at all, with both my set-top-boxes.

Is there a way I could figure out where the problem is? I have the original remotes and an old Flirc USB-receiver.

Edited by Hallogallo

21 hours ago, Hallogallo said:

I tried again, with most Vu+ profiles all buttons work, except the cursor up. Two of the profiles don't work at all, with both my set-top-boxes.

Is there a way I could figure out where the problem is? I have the original remotes and an old Flirc USB-receiver.

If you have an old Flirc USB, we can record the missing button. Open the Flirc app. Hit File > Device Log. Tick the "Enable IR Debugging." Then point the old remote at it and hit the button. Save that to a txt file and attach it here. 

I'm really looking forward to when we add learning support, so this isn't so cumbersome. :)

Okay. The button is not missing, LED on the Vu+ Box is indicating that it gets a signal, but no reaction. So I recorded the Cursor Up button, but it is different every time I hit the button? No idea how this works, but I assume this is correct...

I can confirm that this is the right button for Uno 4K (not SE) and Solo SE (V1)... so maybe you could copy a working profile and just change the cursor up?
(But I think this would be right for all working profiles)

Working profiles for Uno 4K (not SE) and Soloe SE (V1): Most Models, Solo 4K, Solo SE V2, Ultimo 4K, Ultimo/Duo2/Solo2, Uno 4K SE, Zero 4 K
Not working at all: Duo+, Uno and Duo

my_flirc_log__VUplus_Uno4K_CursorUp.txt

On 3/23/2023 at 3:35 AM, Hallogallo said:

Okay. The button is not missing, LED on the Vu+ Box is indicating that it gets a signal, but no reaction. So I recorded the Cursor Up button, but it is different every time I hit the button? No idea how this works, but I assume this is correct...

I can confirm that this is the right button for Uno 4K (not SE) and Solo SE (V1)... so maybe you could copy a working profile and just change the cursor up?
(But I think this would be right for all working profiles)

Working profiles for Uno 4K (not SE) and Soloe SE (V1): Most Models, Solo 4K, Solo SE V2, Ultimo 4K, Ultimo/Duo2/Solo2, Uno 4K SE, Zero 4 K
Not working at all: Duo+, Uno and Duo

my_flirc_log__VUplus_Uno4K_CursorUp.txt 381 B · 5 downloads

Sorry, let me make sure I understand. So is there a model where cursor up does work, it's just not the one where all the other buttons work? If that's the case, you can add both models to your activity, and drag and drop for that one button. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jason, many many thanks. This works!

Additional question: Is there a way to export an existing device in the database as .json? So that I could copy/create a new .json with all the commands to not have to add a second device just for one command? and of course to share it, respectively you could add it to the database?

12 hours ago, Hallogallo said:

Additional question: Is there a way to export an existing device in the database as .json? So that I could copy/create a new .json with all the commands to not have to add a second device just for one command? and of course to share it, respectively you could add it to the database?

I asked similar elsewhere recently too. If you export your whole skip config from the skip app then you get the whole JSON for all your devices/activities and can take/copy from that to make/tweak the device JSON as you wish. Hope that helps!

16 hours ago, Hallogallo said:

If you let me know what you are missing, I'll create a new device and get it incorporated in the next release. But yes, @liambrown is correct. Post anything that helps you as it may help others.

Okay. If I export the whole skip config, the syntax is not exactly the same as in the device-JSON. Would be a bit of a hassle to create a new device-JSON from that.

The JSON you created just contains the cursor-up command and nothing else (plus slightly wrong brandname and device type).
The easiest way would be to take the "Vu+ Uno 4k SE" config, rename it to "Vu+ Uno 4k" and just change the pronto codes for cursor up. Thats all.