Flirc Forums

Flirc USB / Kodi settings

On 2/7/2023 at 4:17 AM, drmark said:

Perfect ty.   Is there a way to control the mouse too?

No mouse support. Remotes only can send out up down left and right and it would result in a really poor user experience. If you need a muose, you need to rethink what you're doing and try and accomplish it with a 10ft user interface. To launch an app, check out our cross platform app launcher, apppad.io. 

We need to put some more work into it, but it definitely works and is made for flirc+skip

On 1/21/2023 at 1:23 AM, jason said:

Here you go. No built in support yet in flirc usb, meaning, use the flirc usb app to pair buttons. I'll get in support, but I have to do a bit of work. I think different platforms have different keymappings for kodi/plex and I'll have one for each with these built into flirc.

But those broken profiles should be fixed. Remove and add them back. In the future, I'll auto detect the change and prompt you for the updated codes.

Please let me know.

windows and mac build.

Jason,

I think back when I initially programmed my Skip (Maybe a ~month ago now) I did it when the Skip App was in this state. There were a bunch of "broken" looking keys but I was able to use them to customize a few keys to do things like send the PgUp/PgDn keys, by using one of those "empty" actions in the Skip App, assigning it to a button (ChUp/Dn) on the Skip, and then assigning that key via the Flirc application to Kodi->Full Keyboard->PgUp/Dn

Is there any way to do that now, now that all the Kodi actions are tidied up? Basically just assign an empty action that I can then bind using the Flirc app, or assign a keyboard key (PgUp) directly to a Skip button (ChUp) for the Flirc Activity in the Skip App?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MIntyTrebor said:

App Ver : 0.9.6

All STB -> Flirc -> Kodi/Shield V1/V2 end up with buttons for some kind of air con unit, not normal STB/Kodi buttons.

STB -> Kodi buttons seem OK

Only got remote yesterday so could be me, but I don't think I am doing anything wrong.

Same thing here, only options for adjusting airflow and fan speed when selecting any variation of Flirc I can find.  With my Flirc connected to my nVidia Shield I have always needed to select Flirc as the device (not nVidia Shield) with the Harmony remote. 

12 hours ago, MIntyTrebor said:

App Ver : 0.9.6

All STB -> Flirc -> Kodi/Shield V1/V2 end up with buttons for some kind of air con unit, not normal STB/Kodi buttons.

STB -> Kodi buttons seem OK

Only got remote yesterday so could be me, but I don't think I am doing anything wrong.

Yeah, that's definitely wrong. Obviously some kind of silly database update mistake when going from .9.5 to .9.6. Will get it fixed. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, dnalloheoj said:

Jason,

I think back when I initially programmed my Skip (Maybe a ~month ago now) I did it when the Skip App was in this state. There were a bunch of "broken" looking keys but I was able to use them to customize a few keys to do things like send the PgUp/PgDn keys, by using one of those "empty" actions in the Skip App, assigning it to a button (ChUp/Dn) on the Skip, and then assigning that key via the Flirc application to Kodi->Full Keyboard->PgUp/Dn

Is there any way to do that now, now that all the Kodi actions are tidied up? Basically just assign an empty action that I can then bind using the Flirc app, or assign a keyboard key (PgUp) directly to a Skip button (ChUp) for the Flirc Activity in the Skip App?

Thanks!

I'm also interested in this. Is there a way to assign keyboard key combinations to buttons directly in the Skip App? 

Edited by peperico

7 minutes ago, peperico said:

I'm also interested in this. Is there a way to assign keyboard key combinations to buttons directly in the Skip App? 

Skip can do macro's. You can't do those directly in the SkipApp GUI. This is planned, but way down the line.

6 minutes ago, peperico said:

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

Got my skip remote only yesterday, it has been surprisingly fast and easy to get it working with my setup. That is the only thing that is bugging me a bit.

Oh awesome, I like to hear that.

Sorry, to clarify, you can do macros in the skip app with the skip remote. Any button can become a macro, and the remote can do all the sequencing and timing for you. 

OR, you can do that directly in the Flirc App Gui with the FLIRC USB. Where the filrc usb will receive one signal, and do macros by itself. 

Either can do it. But the SkipApp + Remote is much more intuitive and controlling.

I just meant you can't do it with SkipApp and the Flirc USB since the SkipApp doesn't talk to the Flirc USB yet. Sorry, did that make sense?

Thanks again! 

It's not really a macro I'm after, I just want to assign a keyboard key/key combination (e.g. Alt+f) to a remote button directly with the SkipApp. 

I understand a workaround is to assign a whatever remote signal to a button in the SkipApp and then do the keyboard key assignment with the Flirc App, but a more straightforward solution would be nicer. Your last sentence suggests that is not possible yet?

39 minutes ago, peperico said:

Thanks again! 

It's not really a macro I'm after, I just want to assign a keyboard key/key combination (e.g. Alt+f) to a remote button directly with the SkipApp. 

I understand a workaround is to assign a whatever remote signal to a button in the SkipApp and then do the keyboard key assignment with the Flirc App, but a more straightforward solution would be nicer. Your last sentence suggests that is not possible yet?

Yes. You are correct. Just remap it in the Flirc App and no direct way to do it yet within SkipApp 

• Thanks 1