Flirc Forums

Flirc USB / Kodi settings

Everything has been working well with the remote so far (aside from the completely inscrutible app and lack of documentation) and all of my devices worked properly... Except for Flirc USB with Kodi settings. No button works whatsoever. The Flirc USB doesn't seem to recognize the remote at all.

Even looking at the buttons supposedly offered, there is no Enter option. No Page Up or Page Down. Confusing repititions like BLUE / Blue, Down / Down Arrow, Toggle Full Screen / fullscreen. And what feels like 500 RSVD entries. It feels like a mess. I'm not sure what the remote is even outputting. It feels like something is badly wrong with the Kodi settings in the Skip App.

2 hours ago, ryanspeck said:

Thanks. I'll play around with it tomorrow and try to make a list of issues I've had.

Here you go. No built in support yet in flirc usb, meaning, use the flirc usb app to pair buttons. I'll get in support, but I have to do a bit of work. I think different platforms have different keymappings for kodi/plex and I'll have one for each with these built into flirc.

But those broken profiles should be fixed. Remove and add them back. In the future, I'll auto detect the change and prompt you for the updated codes.

Please let me know.

windows and mac build.

14 hours ago, jason said:

Here you go. No built in support yet in flirc usb, meaning, use the flirc usb app to pair buttons. I'll get in support, but I have to do a bit of work. I think different platforms have different keymappings for kodi/plex and I'll have one for each with these built into flirc.

But those broken profiles should be fixed. Remove and add them back. In the future, I'll auto detect the change and prompt you for the updated codes.

Please let me know.

windows and mac build.

Okay, so using this, no matter what I set the buttons for in the app, all the button presses just end up being Cursor Up in actual use, including all the other cursor buttons, enter, number buttons. They all just do the same thing. It still works fine with my old remote, though. Obviously it won't let me set most of the buttons in Flirc USB, as it says it's already using them.

Edited by ryanspeck

I made a mistake, Kodi is pre-pared on flirc out of the box. It just works.

First, plug in flirc, fire up the app, File->Format to clear everything. Go to File->Advanced, and make sure the kodi profile is enabled:

image.png

Go into the skipapp and make sure you actually replace the flirc-kodi device with the new one. Here is a video showing how I left the yellow (original), added a new one, orange, and then deleted the yellow.

Again, in the future, I will clean up when there are updated codes. It will prompt you, "Flirc Kodi codes have been updated, do you want to update your remote codes accordingly, here is what changed, etc".  Let me know.

In v3.26.4, none of those built in profiles are under Advanced Settings, but the single "Builtin Profiles" box is checked after I cleared it.

The Skip App instructions are the same thing I did yesterday.

In this case, I just deleted the entire activity and started over again (boy, I wish that Swap Activity Letter button worked). Unlike earlier, not a single button on the Skip does anything now within Kodi. Meanwhile, my Harmony remote programmed to work with the basic Flirc USB Kodi settings still works perfectly.

Oh thank you so much for the kind note and support. I can not tell you how stressed I am with all these issues after a year of testing. A lot of folks don’t understand that just a couple people did all this. The few erratic and hateful emails have received are soul crushing. 

23 minutes ago, jason said:

Oh thank you so much for the kind note and support. I can not tell you how stressed I am with all these issues after a year of testing. A lot of folks don’t understand that just a couple people did all this. The few erratic and hateful emails have received are soul crushing. 

It really sucks to hear that anyone is sending hateful emails :( I also hugely appreciate all the effort you have and are continuing to put into this Jason, I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be right now to be dealing with a software issue that never came up in testing.

That said, while I am grateful for how much work you're putting into this, I also hope you're getting enough sleep and rest and not burning yourself out too much just working 24/7! Take care of yourself.

Okay. Tested it out. Everything seems to work great now. So thank you and congratulations on getting that all smoothed out. Hopefully between that, your progress on the Windows bugs, and everything else you've managed, you're closing in on a much more relaxed period of work.

When things eventually slow down and you get these Kodi changes into the regular release of the app, I hope you'll fulfil my one request and add support for Page Up and Page Down, as that's probably my most-used keys after the directionals and enter. If not, I'll live, but it'd definitely make usage a little easier.

Thanks for all your hard work.

In the Skip App, click on whichever activity group you use to control Kodi, choose that device, look at the button layout, click on the back button and look at the action. For me, I forget what it defaulted to. I think it was Step Backward or Step Forward on that button. So you'll want to drag Return to that button's action list and then click on the trash can icon next to the other action to delete whatever that was from the button. Then sync it with the remote and it'll update it to use the Back button to go back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ryanspeck said:

In the Skip App, click on whichever activity group you use to control Kodi, choose that device, look at the button layout, click on the back button and look at the action. For me, I forget what it defaulted to. I think it was Step Backward or Step Forward on that button. So you'll want to drag Return to that button's action list and then click on the trash can icon next to the other action to delete whatever that was from the button. Then sync it with the remote and it'll update it to use the Back button to go back.

I'll fix that, thanks for pointing that out

• Like 1