Jump to content
Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.4 Beta


jason
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Nathan directed me to post about my issue here. I didn't mention in my original post but I am on Windows 11 Insider, version 22H2, build 25276.1000. Here's my original post inside the quotes:

"I just got my remote in the mail and was very excited to bring it inside and start fiddling with it. I put the batteries in, and pressing the color button does light up the LEDs, as expected. I downloaded the app from the website and got it installed with no issues. But when I plug the remote into my computer, the status in the bottom right corner of the app just for a split second flickers to saying "Remote is connected" with a green dot, and in the bottom center it also briefly shows "SYNC", and then it goes straight back to "Remote is not connected" and "OFFLINE". I've tried several different USB cables, different USB ports on my computer (including USB-C, USB-A 3.0, and USB-A 2.0 ports), and I tried connecting the remote with no batteries in it as well, and finally I also tried restarting my computer (since I hadn't restarted since installing the app). None of that has helped, it just always does exactly the same behavior when I plug in the remote.

Any ideas? I hope my remote isn't defective, since I was very much ready to start using it this weekend."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted in theboomr's previous thread. I'm experiencing the same issue - Skip App v0.9.4 can't detect the Skip 1s for more than a fraction of a second. Looks like BryanL on page 1 of this thread is dealing with this too.

I would upload a log, but I don't know how to get one from the software (assuming it's even creating a log for this, since the software doesn't crash when the remote fails to connect).

I'm running the app on Windows 10, version 21H2, build 19044.2486. It's a custom-built PC, not a prebuilt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, jason said:

Thank you so much. Going through it. Any chance for a weekend debug session?

Hi, sorry, life happened. I've tried re installing again same issue. Anything I can do to help?

If it helps both PC's are custom built AMD x570 MB and the other a Intel b660M-A both with relatively recent bios.

Edited by Slaw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, theboomr said:

@Nathan directed me to post about my issue here. I didn't mention in my original post but I am on Windows 11 Insider, version 22H2, build 25276.1000. Here's my original post inside the quotes:

"I just got my remote in the mail and was very excited to bring it inside and start fiddling with it. I put the batteries in, and pressing the color button does light up the LEDs, as expected. I downloaded the app from the website and got it installed with no issues. But when I plug the remote into my computer, the status in the bottom right corner of the app just for a split second flickers to saying "Remote is connected" with a green dot, and in the bottom center it also briefly shows "SYNC", and then it goes straight back to "Remote is not connected" and "OFFLINE". I've tried several different USB cables, different USB ports on my computer (including USB-C, USB-A 3.0, and USB-A 2.0 ports), and I tried connecting the remote with no batteries in it as well, and finally I also tried restarting my computer (since I hadn't restarted since installing the app). None of that has helped, it just always does exactly the same behavior when I plug in the remote.

Any ideas? I hope my remote isn't defective, since I was very much ready to start using it this weekend."

It's not defective, there is a bug on windows we are trying to track down. We have proven it's in the software and we can't reproduce this. Just hang tight, we're working really hard on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jason said:

Still get the same issue for me with this version as 1.0 through 1.4 on my Win 10 machine. Shows connected for a split second then changes to offline permanently until I unplug/replug it in at which point it does the same thing. I am able to get it to work on my Win 11 laptop now though (0.9.4). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, tauwyt said:

Still get the same issue for me with this version as 1.0 through 1.4 on my Win 10 machine. Shows connected for a split second then changes to offline permanently until I unplug/replug it in at which point it does the same thing. I am able to get it to work on my Win 11 laptop now though (0.9.4). 

What do you mean 'now'? 
Can you post your log with the new version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0.1.0.5279 works for me on Windows 11!!

EDIT: I spoke too quickly, it seems to "almost" work. The "connected" dialog pops up and lasts a few seconds now, instead of just the blink of an eye, but then it goes back to disconnected again unfortunately.

Edited by theboomr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theboomr said:

0.1.0.5279 works for me on Windows 11!!

EDIT: I spoke too quickly, it seems to "almost" work. The "connected" dialog pops up and lasts a few seconds now, instead of just the blink of an eye, but then it goes back to disconnected again unfortunately.

ah okay, throw us your log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0.1.0.5279 is doing the same thing for me as it did for theboomr - remote is detected for a couple seconds, then it disconnects.

Interestingly, it seemed like the remote wasn't being detected at all (or at least not consistently) when I would just plug it in without pressing any buttons on the remote, but then I think I was able to get it to show up consistently by doing this:

1) Press "colors" button on remote

2) Connect remote to USB cable while color LEDs on remote are illuminated

3) Skip App 0.1.0.5279 detects remote for a few seconds (roughly the amount of time that the LEDs are illuminated)

4) Skip App 0.1.0.5279 loses connection to remote

Here's the log file:

flirc20230116.log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All helpful, here is another with even more logging. This wont solve anything, but will continue to give us more info.

FYI: A description of what we are debugging: 

  • Device is found
  • Device is opened
  • We send a command to the device
  • Error, device is not open
  • Uh oh, close the device
  • Device successfully closed (How can this happen, if the device is not open)

SkipApp-0.1.0.5281-disconnect-test-win-x64.msix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AeroCluster said:

Ok, I just tried it again with 0.1.0.5281. Seems like the possible improvement from pressing the "colors" button before connecting wasn't real, just a coincidence.

The remote connects for a few seconds whether I press any buttons on it right before plugging it in or not.

Here's the new log:

flirc20230116.log 181.69 kB · 1 download

Thank you so much for the very quick response and patience. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's a permission issue, it might be related to the way MSIX installers work on Windows 10. 

I don't know how they work on Windows 11, but on Windows 10 there's no "Run as Administrator" option in the right click menu for MSIX, unlike EXE files which do have that option.

This is just a shot in the dark though. I've never encountered MSIX installers before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AeroCluster said:

If it's a permission issue, it might be related to the way MSIX installers work on Windows 10. 

I don't know how they work on Windows 11, but on Windows 10 there's no "Run as Administrator" option in the right click menu for MSIX, unlike EXE files which do have that option.

This is just a shot in the dark though. I've never encountered MSIX installers before.

There is an XML file used to create the msix package and you have to explicitly call out the devices used to grant permission.  It’s also strange that our windows 10 works fine. 

Is everyone using an account that is an administrator?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jason said:

The quick turnaround on feedback is really helping. Thank you so much.

We have it narrowed down. This seems to be a windows permission issue. This will provide a bit more context. Is anyone seeing the issue with Windows 11? Seems to be only Windows 10.

SkipApp-0.1.0.5282-disconnect-test-win-x64.msix 41.85 MB · 2 downloads

The issue is occurring for me on Windows 11, insider version 22H2, build 25276.1000.

Also, with the latest version, the error behavior has changed a little bit for me. Now when I plug in the remote, the bottom left area just stays the same, disconnected, with no blips/changes, but the bottom center gray icon changes and gets stuck saying "CONNECTING...", even after unplugging the remote.

I've attached log with the 0.1.0.5282 version and the new behavior I see when plugging in and unplugging the remote.

I am using an administrator account.

flirc20230116.log

Edited by theboomr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theboomr said:

The issue is occurring for me on Windows 11, insider version 22H2, build 25276.1000.

Also, with the latest version, the error behavior has changed a little bit for me. Now when I plug in the remote, the bottom left area just stays the same, disconnected, with no blips/changes, but the bottom center gray icon changes and gets stuck saying "CONNECTING...", even after unplugging the remote.

I've attached log with the 0.1.0.5282 version and the new behavior I see when plugging in and unplugging the remote.

I am using an administrator account.

flirc20230116.log 493.1 kB · 1 download

Losing my fucking mind: 

CS ConnectTask V41KT9Q4SDQI91P3 ERROR Current|status:|Allowed

So it fails to open the device despite reporting back that it is allowed. 

It should fail with;

1. Disallowed by system

2. disallowed by user

3. Unknown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...