Flirc Forums

SkipApp-0.9.955 with IR Learning - Alpha 6

jason

Fairly close to a release candidate. List of what's still left is at the bottom.

Critical - Learning requires both remotes to be facing each other and about 1 inch apart.

Further detail here along in previous releases:
Alpha 1
Alpha 2
Alpha 3
Alpha 4
Alpha 5

Here is how it works:

You need to be using the included firmware in order to do any recording. The version embedded is v4.13.2

Changelog

• Improved - Many Recording bugs
  • Improved - Decoding Library
  • Improved - Panasonic Decoding
  • Improved - Ability to capture x1 signals automatically
  • Improved - Manual Recording Overrides
  • Improved - Logging
  • Improved - User Feedback and Messaging during recording
  • Improved - Bad capture detection and feedback
  • Database - Updates
  • Fixed - Windows - Unable to connect with Server
  • Fixed - Bottom and Top bar z-index during wizard
  • Firmware - Battery Improvements

Mac Download
Windows Download
Linux - We understand the issue, and have one more bug to solve. We're working on it.

Firmware Update

If you are not presented with update dialog, please follow the directions outlined here.

What's Next

• User config optimizations
  • More bad capture edge cases we are aware of
  • Updated Decoding Library
  • Save the button layout for later recall or editing
  • Save the button layout for user config export
  • Fix linux
  • Like 2

Worked very well under Windows 11, thank you!

The overall UI seems to be more responsive/ behaving more consistent as expected. Especially clicking back and forth got more reliable :-)

A few things you might already be aware of:

• My remote I wanted to copy has two left/right buttons (2 single buttons and one cross up/down/left/right/center) -> If I use the predefined element for the "cross" element and the single buttons they act as the same function (which makes sense for normal use cases). I ended up using "custom" buttons and label them accordingly (different audio input channels).
  • I already had imported a similar config file I found online, but didn't work. I entered the same name for the custom device/manufacturer which ended up with a message that this name already existists. Even though I clicked to replace the old config, it didn't recognize it as a new setup -> I was not able to sync it to the remote. Even removing it from the device list the channel (A) and re-adding it didn't trigger the sync-button. After removing it from the admin panel and added the remote again, it worked as expected.
  • While entering a new manufacturer and device name: When pressing tab on the keyboard, it jumps to the next field, but the cursor is not yet set in the text box (even though the field got highlighted already)

Thanks for the great work! It is somehow satisfying to use 3 devices with one remote like it is one device :-)

The TV interface is even snappier compared to the original remote, feels now like the remote controller via bluetooth - I always thought the OS of the TV (Hisense) is just laggy / slow.

Regards,

Lennard

Edited by Lennard
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the latest alpha and the learning function has been very responsive and I am not seeing any hitching or lagging in the app. It seems to be pretty responsive.

Few things that could be worked on:

1. It would be nice to have a resizable custom button option to accommodate larger remotes.
  2. There is a power on and a power off button, but a power toggle would be a fantastic addition to the button option for remote design.
  3. When updating one of the installed devices, it seems to trash prior button combo configs and it would be nice to have them persist.
  4. I know the function is still in alpha, it would be nice to have a way to submit learned remotes for db review directly in app.

Over all I am quite happy with the functionality and am quite excited to see the future updates.

Also, I have attached the json files from the the remotes I had the Skip learn.

Ultimea - Poseidon D60.json Vizio - XRT140L (2020).json

• Like 1

The Windows Download link in your post from February 13th gives me this message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>ATN4MG8Z9T7E5QG5</RequestId>
<HostId>ZN+KrKbSsDMeUwyPDhzGlRME7LH2pMimO4GsKUXXVZXr6BNE4O6xzWSR6wNDknYkytUBUMwjYG8=</HostId>
</Error>

I'd really like to try out the learning function!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Aziraphale said:

I could record before but now the app has updated to the new version my record button stays grey. Any ideas on how to solve this? FW is 4.13.4-0-gaa92d6f.

Use this version in the forums and don’t upgrade. 

13 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

That's the one I have. I downloaded it from the link in this thread...

You said you had  0.9.957.7232, so it's not the right one. You have to re-install the one from the forum and don't let it update when it prompts you.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:49 AM, jason said:

You said you had 

0.9.957.7232, so it's not the right one. You have to re-install the one from the forum and don't let it update when it prompts you.

I do but when you look at the download link you will see that that links to 0.9.957.7232. I can't install any other version from the download link in this topic.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:50 AM, Aziraphale said:

I do but when you look at the download link you will see that that links to 0.9.957.7232. I can't install any other version from the download link in this topic.

Oh you are right. Are you on the updated firmware?

Hi, just trying to get the learning working and hit some issues, specifically on firmware update. I'm following the instructions to update the firmware in the link above, but it doesn't give me the option to upgrade (the device goes online very briefly then offline). The info from the manager screen:

Remote Model SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06
Registration Date 04/20/2024 10:44:47
Serial Number 74ECF7EB5055344A352E3120FF12283A
Firmware Version 4.12.24-0-g26a2b80
Last sync 04/20/2024 11:06:52

On 4/20/2024 at 11:11 AM, randomscot said:

Hi, just trying to get the learning working and hit some issues, specifically on firmware update. I'm following the instructions to update the firmware in the link above, but it doesn't give me the option to upgrade (the device goes online very briefly then offline). The info from the manager screen:

Remote Model SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06
Registration Date 04/20/2024 10:44:47
Serial Number 74ECF7EB5055344A352E3120FF12283A
Firmware Version 4.12.24-0-g26a2b80
Last sync 04/20/2024 11:06:52

Update : after doing some further investigation on another Mac and PC, I believe the issue is that the Alpha 6 build doesn't include the 'learning' firmware ?