Flirc Forums

Battery does not last for more than a day

Shiv

Happy Easter.

Embedded is v4.12.26 which should has this fixed. The GUI is unstable. We have core libraries updated with a lot of fixes involved. Unfortunately, this was a necessary step, as we were falling behind with react native desktops public stable release. 

There are things that could be broken, icons, crashes. Etc. But the firmware update should work, and you can revert back to the previous if it's giving you problems. But initial testing seems fine. We just not have tested everything yet.

Linux Download
Mac Download
Windows Download

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

With all the activity and the new firmware, I decided to give it an update and leave batteries in it.

This may be just anecdotally, but it's been fine for the last week as I've pressed the volume button every night and it responded. Until last night, when I pressed the volume button, then pressed the "A" button to remind myself what device it is on.

This morning, it is failing to respond... so I tried to follow the instructions under,

However, this fails at the 2nd step - connecting the USB cable gives a message from Windows "USB device not recognised"...

I had to remove the batteries to get it to respond to USB.... I tested the batteries, and they still measured Okay - put the same batteries in, and it came back to life.

Current firmware is 4.12.26-0-gf661a78 - I've attached an export of my remote configuration and the log I got from it once it came back responding to the app.

"proc" returned {"USB":243090}
"butt" returned {"Vol Up":{"Released":280149}}

(I guess it lost the error logs as I had to remove the batteries??)

Is there any trick to get it to reset to respond to USB if it's showing Device not recognised??

flirc-remote-control20240417.log Lounge Remote.skip

Definitely weird! I put new batteries in after last week to ensure I had another clean shot at getting any debug logs etc.

Again, it's been fine for almost exactly week - tried this morning, and it wasn't responding. Fired up the application, connected the USB, the remote started responding, but the application still showed Offline. Unplugged, and the remote went back to dead. Re-connected, and the application recognised it.

The log then simply showed,

<2>task_start(41): Hypnos: v4.12.26
<1>malloc_addblock(61): Heap Block: 0x20002BFC - 0x20007BFF (20k)
<1>log_rcause(378): BOD33 BOD12 SYST WDT EXT POR
<1>log_rcause(385):     F     F    F   F   F 
  T
<1>init_remote(266): Initializing Past Profile: A
<3>usb_hotplug(46): Connected
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Up pressed
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Up released
<2>default_handler(163): Vol 
Down pressed
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Down released

Same firmware are before :- "proc" returned "{"USB":247094}" and "butt" returned {"Vol Down":{"Released":264566}}

I'll keep trying to see if I can get any more information from it - I'll start to use it more and see if that helps?

6 hours ago, MoSPDude said:

Definitely weird! I put new batteries in after last week to ensure I had another clean shot at getting any debug logs etc.

Again, it's been fine for almost exactly week - tried this morning, and it wasn't responding. Fired up the application, connected the USB, the remote started responding, but the application still showed Offline. Unplugged, and the remote went back to dead. Re-connected, and the application recognised it.

The log then simply showed,

<2>task_start(41): Hypnos: v4.12.26
<1>malloc_addblock(61): Heap Block: 0x20002BFC - 0x20007BFF (20k)
<1>log_rcause(378): BOD33 BOD12 SYST WDT EXT POR
<1>log_rcause(385):     F     F    F   F   F 
  T
<1>init_remote(266): Initializing Past Profile: A
<3>usb_hotplug(46): Connected
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Up pressed
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Up released
<2>default_handler(163): Vol 
Down pressed
<2>default_handler(163): Vol Down released

Same firmware are before :- "proc" returned "{"USB":247094}" and "butt" returned {"Vol Down":{"Released":264566}}

I'll keep trying to see if I can get any more information from it - I'll start to use it more and see if that helps?

When you unplug the remote the leds cut off for a bit. 

Hey Jason, thanks for all your work on this.

I think I have experienced the issue you posted in the video last page of the forum - remote completely locks up and is unresponsive to button press, usb, etc. To reset all I had to do was unplug USB and pull the batteries out. Then it behaves as normal with the same batteries. Got two toddlers pressing the activity buttons, they must have good timing.

Was running 4.12.24, just updated today to 4.12.26