Flirc Forums

Sony BDP-S6500 Blu Ray player is not working

Go to solution Solved by jason,

I tried and tested many different Sony models in the Wizard and none of them seemed to do anything for me. I have the official Sony remote and can confirm that the IR signal is working well from where I was sitting to do the testing. I tried all of these options:

• BDP SX Series Portable (Blu Ray)
  • BDP-CX Series Blu Ray Changer (1, 2 and 3)
  • BDV-E/N Series with Blu Ray (Home Theater)
  • BDV-IS Series (Home Theater System)
  • Most Models (Blu Ray)

3 hours ago, Nathan Palmer said:

I tried and tested many different Sony models in the Wizard and none of them seemed to do anything for me. I have the official Sony remote and can confirm that the IR signal is working well from where I was sitting to do the testing. I tried all of these options:

• BDP SX Series Portable (Blu Ray)
  • BDP-CX Series Blu Ray Changer (1, 2 and 3)
  • BDV-E/N Series with Blu Ray (Home Theater)
  • BDV-IS Series (Home Theater System)
  • Most Models (Blu Ray)

Try the latest firmware. I also added an entry about adding codes along with a text file with all the devices in the database: 

6 hours ago, jason said:

Try the latest firmware

Thanks. I didn't realize there was an update. I went ahead and ran it and the result seems to be the same. Nothing seems to happen when I test the blu ray models. 

6 hours ago, jason said:

I also added an entry about adding codes along with a text file with all the devices in the database

I read through this.... and can enable the admin mode. But I don't have any codes for this device... Do you know where I find them? Or is there a way to record them?

3 hours ago, Nathan Palmer said:

Thanks for the file. I gave that a try and it doesn't do anything. I tried the navigation buttons and power and it's not doing anything. I have the real remote next to me and that one is working fine.

This one is puzzling, and I need to look more into why. I've got a harmony, and my own decoders. Signals are indistinguishable... You have zero response on any button?

Yeah, nothing unfortunately. I wish there was a way to record the responses from the remote so I knew what it was sending. What I did was this

1. Ensure it was on the right input
  2. Make sure the Sony device was already turned on
  3. Make sure I can arrow left and right on the offical remote from where I'm sitting
  4. Try to arrrow left and right on the Skip1s in configuration B (which is where I set it up). No response.
  5. I assigned Power Off to one of the numeric keys (so I don't turn off the projector too) and I tried that too. No response.

• 1 month later...