Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.2 Beta

jason

I'm not going to post the beta files here, as they are public. There are a number of fixes, please post feedback specifically to v0.9.2-Beta Here. Please remember to include the operating system you are using.

• Windows App Properly Signed
  • Windows USB Communication Fixes
  • Fixed Windows Crash
  • Fixed Windows Crash on Device Connect
  • Fixed Power Button Limitation
  • Fixed Flirc USB Database Codes
  • Improved Device Icon Colors

• jason pinned this topic

It appears this misx isnt signed at all, I'm unable to install it.The error when trying to install the MSIX is:

This app package’s publisher certificate could not be verified. Contact your system administrator or the app developer to obtain a new app package with verified certificates. The root certificate and all immediate certificates of the signature in the app package must be verified (0x800B010A)

I drag and dropped the files into the existing directory, so I wouldnt trust this for reliable testing. I dont see that popup error anymore, but it flashes twice between "Remote is connected" "Remote is not connected" on the bottom left corner every time I plug in the remote, ultimately not being connected.

So this version now installs on Windows but when I connect the remote the "sync" button flashes for a second then goes back to Offline. Regardless I was able to at least get into the app now. It appears that we are currently unable to drag any functions over to the remote? The circles it says to drag do not seem to respond at all. It does assign many button correctly at first, but for instance it doesn't include my Denon receiver's power toggle by default and I cannot drag the circle onto the remote.

None of this matter of course until the remote can sync at all but just giving feedback/bugs!

It's signed, maybe the link was stale? No idea, shows up on my machine.

I'm going nuts. We've been using the app for a year without most of these issues. Maybe it was the effects of the installer, we only ran the msix. So lets start fresh.

Uninstall completely from your computer. Go to Add/Remove Programs. Remove every Skip App you see. Re-Download from the web, and start fresh. Lets see how that goes.

I am not crazy: https://share.cleanshot.com/2dHsCSNj

image.png

CleanShot 2023-01-10 at 20.45.38.png

2 hours ago, jason said:

It's signed, maybe the link was stale? No idea, shows up on my machine.

I'm going nuts. We've been using the app for a year without most of these issues. Maybe it was the effects of the installer, we only ran the msix. So lets start fresh.

Uninstall completely from your computer. Go to Add/Remove Programs. Remove every Skip App you see. Re-Download from the web, and start fresh. Lets see how that goes.

I am not crazy: https://share.cleanshot.com/2dHsCSNj

We're all a little crazy. my download was stale I guess. Version from this afternoon, and another from just now. https://i.imgur.com/0ineVQV.jpg

Removed the old one, and installed the newest one (that is signed). Same behavior, remote not detected, flashes momentarily that it might be detected but goes back to undetected.

Separate question - is it possible to download the config from a remote?

6 hours ago, jason said:

I'm not going to post the beta files here, as they are public. There are a number of fixes, please post feedback specifically to v0.9.2-Beta Here. Please remember to include the operating system you are using.

• Windows App Properly Signed
  • Windows USB Communication Fixes
  • Fixed Windows Crash
  • Fixed Windows Crash on Device Connect
  • Fixed Power Button Limitation
  • Fixed Flirc USB Database Codes
  • Improved Device Icon Colors

Thx this fixed it for me.

Getting below error when trying to install Skip App v0.9.2 Beta on Windows 10 Pro (having already tried unsuccessfully installing previous versions):

App installation failed with error message: Windows cannot install package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.2.5244_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because a different package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.1.5229_x64__vg5akken3mtem with the same name is already installed. Remove package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.1.5229_x64__vg5akken3mtem before installing. (0x80073cf3)

Any ideas?

Edited by k2dak

2 hours ago, k2dak said:

Getting below error when trying to install Skip App v0.9.2 Beta on Windows 10 Pro (having already tried unsuccessfully installing previous versions):

App installation failed with error message: Windows cannot install package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.2.5244_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because a different package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.1.5229_x64__vg5akken3mtem with the same name is already installed. Remove package 1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.1.5229_x64__vg5akken3mtem before installing. (0x80073cf3)

Any ideas?

It is possible that with the new signature, by already having a previous version installed, this happens.
You will need to uninstall the previous version and then install 0.9.2

Tip: before uninstalling, you can export your configuration, and after installing the new one, import it:

image.png.190d682a0a15a59dd9314233679526a6.png

25 minutes ago, Agustin said:

It is possible that with the new signature, by already having a previous version installed, this happens.
You will need to uninstall the previous version and then install 0.9.2

Tip: before uninstalling, you can export your configuration, and after installing the new one, import it:

Cheers mate - I couldn't find the app listed in Control Panel\Programs and Features, but was able to uninstall via the Start Menu -> Apps, then reinstalled, and it looks to be working now.

...and yeah, great tip about backing up / importing, which I did, and that worked fine too (now just waiting on the delivery of the remote here in Australia!).

Using the latest 0.9.2.5244 version I ran into a couple of issues:

- one of which: 
image.png.8d3189a208b88694626f410288ebec1c.png

after changing the buttons, the cursor up window stayed up. (it did not go away.

An other issue is: 

image.png.a510e9fa50efa33c21f84a244c75643d.png

I am able to change the Arris buttons, but I'm not able to change the Samsung buttons.

I can select the Arris arrow, but not the Samsung Arrow.

Arnold

Edited by Arnold

• jason locked and unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, Arnold said:

Using the latest 0.9.2.5244 version I ran into a couple of issues:

- one of which: 
image.png.8d3189a208b88694626f410288ebec1c.png

after changing the buttons, the cursor up window stayed up. (it did not go away.

An other issue is: 

image.png.a510e9fa50efa33c21f84a244c75643d.png

I am able to change the Arris buttons, but I'm not able to change the Samsung buttons.

I can select the Arris arrow, but not the Samsung Arrow.

Arnold

The stuck image in your screenshot happens on occasion but more so in windows. Believe me, we're working on it, and @Agustinis working on fundamental upgrades hoping to improve this as we try and chase down the cause. The only way to remove this for now is close and re-open.

The arrow is for the activity, which contains both devices. You can change which device is selected by doing the following:

image.gif