Flirc Forums

Skip 1s + FLIRC combo not entirely working..

revin

First off I want to say that I really really really want this to work. I'm a fan of what the team is doing.

I'm getting frustrated. My situation is very simple. I have a windows PC running Kodi connected to an LG tv. I've attached a Flirc (firmware 4.10.2) to the PC. I've setup the remote using the skip app (v0.9.956) with one activity. That activity has 2 devices; the LG and the Flirc. That's it. 

Activity setup:
Navigate : Flirc
Media/music control : Flirc
Audio control: LG

Buttons on the remote that control audio work flawlessly. Never a missed button press, never a double press. It just works. This is great. This telss me the remote is sending what it's supposed to be sending.(??)

Buttons that control the Flirc.. not so much. Button presses aren't registered or are seen or do anything. Sometimes there are double presses (meaning if I press play/pause while it's playing, I can see the show pause then it immediatly starts again. More button presses aren't registered by the Flirc to the PC, than button presses that are. I have to press a button 3,5 or 8 times before it works. Yes I've changed batteries.. many times just in case.

When pressing "power" on the remote, the PC doesn't shutdown nor does it startup automatically. 

I's there some docs that perhaps I missed?

Additionally.. really need a page up/page down button for Kodi :)

The device that controls flirc. What is the profile you are using on the skip app?

Where is the flirc located on the PC that's in your room?

It wont turn off / turn on the computer. Can't do that over USB. You can go into sleep mode though. Pair a code in the Flirc USB app in media keys, suspend/wake. Add this to the Power Up and Power down activity.

I don't understand the first question. PC -> Flirc -> Kodi?

Flirc is right on the front of the PC. Clear line of sight to the remote.

Turn on/off.. that what I meant. I tend to use hibernate mode when pressing the power buttong on the PC, but I'll try sleep.

Side note.. I have to install the Skip App on a PC other than the media center to program the remote. When I try installing on the media center PC I get the following error:

App installation failed with error message: Deployment Add operation with target volume C: on Package SkipApp_0.9.956.7101_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm from:  (SkipApp-0.9.956-Beta-x64.msix)  failed with error 0x80073B01. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. (0x80073b01)

I've never seen that error before.

Edited by revin

Yes, I've reprogrammed them all. Issue remains. The majority of the time I have to press a button 2, 4, or 6 or more times before it registers.

What can I do to help debug this? Are there logs I can gather? Runtime traces?

Edited by revin

On 2/7/2024 at 10:48 AM, revin said:

Yes, I've reprogrammed them all. Issue remains. The majority of the time I have to press a button 2, 4, or 6 or more times before it registers.

What can I do to help debug this? Are there logs I can gather? Runtime traces?

This is really a Flirc issue, it sounds like. Simplest way to debug is to plug the flirc into a computer, open the app, go to File - Device Log, and then in the new window tick Enable IR Debugging. Ideally you'd do this with a laptop in the same environment as where it's sitting normally. Then you'll be able to see whether the codes are showing up in your Flirc as you send them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...