Flirc Forums

Remote does nothing after syncing

zeldar

I just gone done doing Activity A which is just using the ShieldTV.  I must be doing something wrong because after mapping all the buttons and syncing the remote, unplugging it from the computer and pushing any button gives no response whatsoever.  No lights on the remote, power button does nothing and no changes on the tv.  Even pressing the 4 color button in the middle of the remote does nothing.  When I first put the batteries in that button at least made the remote light up.  I was able to get it to communicate when it was connected and when I was mapping the buttons and pressing 'test actions'.  I did update to the firmware when it prompted me to.

5 hours ago, zeldar said:

I just gone done doing Activity A which is just using the ShieldTV.  I must be doing something wrong because after mapping all the buttons and syncing the remote, unplugging it from the computer and pushing any button gives no response whatsoever.  No lights on the remote, power button does nothing and no changes on the tv.  Even pressing the 4 color button in the middle of the remote does nothing.  When I first put the batteries in that button at least made the remote light up.  I was able to get it to communicate when it was connected and when I was mapping the buttons and pressing 'test actions'.  I did update to the firmware when it prompted me to.

If you plug it back in, does it work again? I'm curious if there's something odd going on with the batteries. 

So I tried new batteries and nada.  So I threw the batteries that came with the remote back in and it magically worked!  Got everything just how I wanted with the button setup and it was going great until just now.  Back to being dead as a doornail.  Took the batteries back out and put them back in and it worked for 30 seconds.  Now it's back to being dead.  Must be some kind of battery connection issue.  What can we do?

Creating an account to bump this thread as I'm having the same issue.  Remote went unresponsive not that long ago, tried a brand new activity setup resetting to factory first with new batteries and everything.  Remote simply is unresponsive (no lights, nada) after sync and unplug from usb-c to PC.

Model - A06

Firmware - 4.12.18-0-g69245a9

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same issue here.  I swapped in new batteries and its working again.  The next day it stopped working again. The remote seems to be killing the batteries very quickly.  I've been using brand new energizers too...

Edited by PMJ
adding more info

I am having the same issue going on here, everything was working fine, until earlier today. Now, the remote is completely dead when unplugged. No lights, no IR Signals, nothing. Works just fine using the app, lights and the Testing in the app work just fine. My remote model is SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06 and firmware version 4.12.19-0-g34a3e83. The skip app is CI build 6008 commit 81b6c75.

I've tried resetting the remote, I've tried new batteries, nothing has worked.

I think I'll have to try downgrading my firmware too. I jut received my remote this weekend (June 24) and got it set up. I think it came preloaded with Firmware 4.12.19-0-g34a3e83 and am running app 0.9.80 (beta). I don't recall being asked to upgrade my firmware so I think it just came shipped with this version. I'm having a similar issue to Brayden P where the remote will sometimes work with fresh batteries but then goes blank and becomes unresponsive (no lights, no control) but the moment I plug it in to my computer the app sees it and it lights up. I can sync no problem but the moment it's unplugged it's dead again.

I'll try downgrading the firmware to an earlier version tonight and see if this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here.

Was setting my remote up over the past 2 hours, almost had it dialed in exactly where I wanted it, and now its dead.

Batteries were new.

I am using it with the flirc USB dongle to control a RaspPi0 LibreElec/Kodi player, Philips Roku TV and LG Soundbar.

I replaced the batteries with new batteries, and the remote works. Battery life is only a few hours?

Maybe it has something todo with the LED brightness?

I am setting my all my LED brightness to 1% under prefs and LEDs, hopefully this will allow the batteries to last longer?

image.thumb.png.78484b6e35c13af3a3b515734bfcc4dd.png

Edited by KJM

Very disappointed to still not see a response from any of the Admins in here or @jason himself, considering this seems to be a wider issue. Granted, I'm sure they have other things to be working on, but i feel like people's brand new remotes randomly bricking themselves would kind of take presendence.

Edited by Brayden P

Exact same thing happened to me. Received the device after months of waiting (I think 8 months), excitedly set it up... it works when it's connected; it syncs fine; but then nothing works when it's unconnected. It's pre-installed with 4.12.19. 

UPDATE: After 60 mins of messing around, I downgraded to   skip.1s.a06.release-4.12.9.bin (see above), and it all works. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...