Flirc Forums

Remotes not detected by any computer

snds

10 minutes ago, microfast said:

Yes, I have always the same error like with the previous one, I have opened a specific thread for to be helped; I don't know because I have this issue with all my Pc, if you want you can do a remote on my pc and try to fix this directly.

This is not the same problem. Deleting and responding in your other thread 

3 minutes ago, BRSorber said:

Hi, hoping for an update to this issue as I am also experiencing it and have been unable to use my remote at all

I'm sorry you are having trouble. We are working hard. Two versions to try:

http://update.flirc.tv/skipapp/pr/998/SkipApp-0.9.80.6209-mg-hid-broker-test-build-x64.msix?token=skipAppUpdate

or

ttps://update.flirc.tv/skipapp/beta/0.9.71/SkipApp-0.9.71-Beta-x64.msix?token=skipAppUpdate

Can you please let me know the results of each? Posting any log files as described earlier would be of great help.

34 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is weird,  I responded to this just minutes after you wrote it, but my respons is nowhere to find now...

Anyway, this solved it for me! Now my remote connects just fine! Well done! Have you got any use for my logs?

flirc_devicebroker-7_6_2023.log 3.49 kB · 0 downloads flirc20230706.log 169.95 kB · 1 download

Beautiful! Thanks for letting me know so quickly. 

10 hours ago, StephenM64 said:

there is something special from your system. No restrictions, and the device open just fails with no reason. Either bit defender, firewall, etc blocking access. Zilch.

2 hours ago, jason said:

there is something special from your system. No restrictions, and the device open just fails with no reason. Either bit defender, firewall, etc blocking access. Zilch.

For security software I only use Microsoft security essentials, no other third party security software.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, jason said:

Should I take this to mean I am SOL on this issue, and stuck with a expensive paperweight? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mightysleigher said:

@jason I, too, am having remote detection issues on Windows 11.

Should I just make a new thread for my own situation or should I start with anything from this thread?

Thanks!

- M

No. I need logs. I also updated the app yesterday. Please make sure you are in 0.92

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just got my first remote and had trouble connecting and found this thread.  I do have Steam installed.  Windows 11.

I found that I could connect the remote if I restarted my computer with the remote connected and started the app immediately after logging into Windows.  Its annoying, but a workaround that I have tested multiple times.  I see logs are asked for so I will throw mine in though i cut down the one since it was a million plus lines of the same messages.

flirc_devicebroker-9_26_2023.log flirc20230926part1.log

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just received a Skip 1s remote and set it up using the app while visiting and found it working well. After arriving back home, I launched the app and did not plug in the remote when prompted (chosing "later"). I then configured activities and buttons to my liking and plugged in the remote to sync it.

Windows prompted me to allow admin permission to SkipDeviceRestrictionBroker.exe but I still couldn't sync.

I unplugged and replugged in the remote but then windows said it was an unknown device and Device Manager showed an error device under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Also no buttons would light up when pressing any button on the remote.

I resolved that by taking the batteries out for a few minutes and putting them back in. Then the buttons would light up and SkipDeviceRestrictionBroker.exe prompted UAC again. Still could not sync. When I first launch the app without the remote plugged in, it says "Offline" then when I plug it in it transitions to Connecting and hangs. (Sometimes ... other times it changes to Connecting then immediately back to Offline.)

I am unable to launch the Skip app as administrator (not an option in the context menu).

I exited out of Steam and restarted the Skip app, but that didn't help.

I have not performed any firmware updates.

Log attached. Skip app version 0.9.955. What can I do now to troubleshoot and resolve?

flirc20231227.zip

flirc_devicebroker-12_27_2023.log

Next-day update: retrieved the original USB C cable that came with the device but the behavior was the same as with the previous USB C cable. Also the same results on a second Windows 10 PC ( Windows 10 Home Version 22H2).

@jason Is this something you can help me with? 

Edited by rlively
additional info

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 2:37 PM, rlively said:

I just received a Skip 1s remote and set it up using the app while visiting and found it working well. After arriving back home, I launched the app and did not plug in the remote when prompted (chosing "later"). I then configured activities and buttons to my liking and plugged in the remote to sync it.

Windows prompted me to allow admin permission to SkipDeviceRestrictionBroker.exe but I still couldn't sync.

I unplugged and replugged in the remote but then windows said it was an unknown device and Device Manager showed an error device under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Also no buttons would light up when pressing any button on the remote.

I resolved that by taking the batteries out for a few minutes and putting them back in. Then the buttons would light up and SkipDeviceRestrictionBroker.exe prompted UAC again. Still could not sync. When I first launch the app without the remote plugged in, it says "Offline" then when I plug it in it transitions to Connecting and hangs. (Sometimes ... other times it changes to Connecting then immediately back to Offline.)

I am unable to launch the Skip app as administrator (not an option in the context menu).

I exited out of Steam and restarted the Skip app, but that didn't help.

I have not performed any firmware updates.

Log attached. Skip app version 0.9.955. What can I do now to troubleshoot and resolve?

flirc20231227.zip 928.77 kB · 0 downloads

flirc_devicebroker-12_27_2023.log 10.06 MB · 0 downloads

Next-day update: retrieved the original USB C cable that came with the device but the behavior was the same as with the previous USB C cable. Also the same results on a second Windows 10 PC ( Windows 10 Home Version 22H2).

@jason Is this something you can help me with? 

Can you try  what mluna99 has done. Leave the remote plugged into the computer. Restart the computer. Don't disconnect the remote, and immediately launch the software? Make sure it's not on a hub, but directly attached to the PC.

Do you have steam installed?

On 1/10/2024 at 11:54 PM, jason said:

try  what mluna99 has done.
Do you have steam installed?

In my original post I mentioned that I tried exiting the app, closing Steam, and reluanching and that didn't help.

There was an update to the Skip app I took before this test. Then I changed the Steam settings not to automatically launch at startup restarted Windows (holding Shift to get the blue screen to force it to do a "real" restart not a fast startup). In the skip app the indicator at the bottom stayed on "Connecting" for 10 minutes and never changed.

Logs attached.

LocalState20240114.zip