Flirc Forums

Cannot resize Mac app

Holl595

I've just got my remote and have installed the Mac app from the website (0.9.4 Beta).

The app seems to work fine but you cannot resize the window or make it full screen and some of the buttons are really hard to press because they are at the bottom of the screen.

All the options in the View menu are greyed out too, I'm using Mac OS 12.6.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 09.37.02.png

2132364437_Screenshot2023-02-02at09_36_51.png

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

On the bottom right of the app is a 3 dot icon. Click that, click Settings, and then change Screen Resolution from Regular to Compact. This should work in both Windows and Mac.

If you can't actually access that button, that could definitely be a problem we need to address. 

My desktop isn't on right now to check, but on my windows tablet, it defaults to Compact mode, which fits the whole UI in the window fine, but I cannot resize it at all. If I change it to Regular mode, the UI then extends past the right and bottom edges of the window even when maximized, cutting off several buttons. Fortunately, restarting the app resets it to Compact mode so I can access the whole UI again.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, Benjamin Metzler said:

I ran int the problem with the ellipses disappearing off the screen when in Regular mode with my MacBook Air. I got to it by connecting to a monitor, but others might not have that option.  You might want to make that accessible through the system menu.

Can you throw that back up on your desktop and take a screenshot? Perhaps we are not taking into account the menubar + dock. Let me confirm and I'll get fixed as well as create another shortcut in a file drop down.