Flirc Forums

Any chance of getting the Harmony Profile updated?

bryanbrazil

Just wondering if there are plans to update the Harmony Profile to support the main XBMC keyboard shortcuts? 

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Of the keys I use regularly, Esc isn't present in the profile and PageUp/PageDown don't seem to work. They appear to be mapped to a simple Up/Down (arrows), and don't actually send a pageup/pagedown.

Thanks!

• Like 1

From what I remember Jason telling me he managed to sort the profile out with a nice guy from harmony so i'm not sure of the exact channels we would have to go through. There would probably have to be a bit of tinkering done from harmony's end and from Flirc's pre-assigned keys end

Irregardless; with Kodi coming up fast this is something that should be sorted out sooner rather than later - thanks for pointing it out :)

Hello!

This profile is very helpful, but I also think it lacks some important commands like "OSD player controls" (M key) or "Shutdown menu" (S key)...
Another request: could you give us the keymap you use to create the Harmony / XBMC profile ? For instance I wonder which key is sent for commands like AudioNextLanguage / Audiodelay+ / Yellow /  Red / Blue / Green, because they don't have direct equivalents in the XBMC mapping.
Thank you!

Edited by kunst

I agree with this and would like to see it updated to include more keys to assign via harmony.  In the interim though that AudioNextLanguage assignment is one I've used on the remote and then just reprogrammed in the Flirc GUI to my liking.  You can mix and match and that could easily be mapped to esc if needed.  User mappings override the built in profile.

• 2 weeks later...

I have today in more detail tested the Flirc XBMC Profile in the Harmony software. I found that many of the physical buttons are missing and some of the hardcoded commands in Flirc aren't correct.

Several commands in the current Flirc Profile are also not available in the default keyboard map for XBMC/Kodi. I hope Jason prioritze to reuse those IR signal codes for the physical buttons that is not working today.

In the list below I have also added some important key codes that are missing today and where Harmony One doesn't have a physical button. They are added as "Touch Screen Butttons".

Source fpr the currently used default keyboard key maps in XBMC/Kodi are available here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard
and the complete list: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Jason, I would really appreciate if you could release a new version of the Harmony profile and also update the firmware with the correct codes. Let me know if I can assist in some way. :)

Harmony One Button Label Flirc Native XBMC Profile Key Commands Correct Key Commands Comment

Menu n/a C Contextual Menu

Exit n/a Esc

Guide n/a E Live TV EPG/TV guide

Channel Up n/a Up

Channel Down n/a Down

Prev <-- n/a Backspace

Record o n/a Ctrl+R WMC, currently no code in XBMX

Plus n/a C C = Contextual menu 

Enter n/a Enter

Rewind << n/a R IR Signal but no code

Fast Forward >> n/a F IR Signal but no code

Up Arrow  Up PageUp   Only wrong code in firmware

Down Arrow  Down PageDown  Only wrong code in firmware

Volume Down Oemplus  - (minus)

Volume Up  Skift+Oem4 + (plus)

Skip Back |<< R , (comma)

Play > Ctrl+P P

Skip Forward >>|      F . (period)

Mute F8  n/a  Not available in XBMC/Kodi

Touch Screen Buttton Flirc Native Profile Correct Key Commands Comment

Zoom n/a Z

Audio n/a A

Top n/a Home

Bottom n/a End

TV Channels n/a H Live TV channels window 

Radio Channels n/a J Live TV: Radio channels window 

TV Recordings n/a K Live TV recordings window 

TV Timers n/a B Live TV: Schedule recording timers 

Delete n/a Delete

CodecInfo CodecInfo O

AudioNextLanguage AudioNextLanguage   Could not verify code. Code missing

SmallStepBack Oem7 (SmallStepBack) " (quote)

Red Shift+Ctrl+R (Red) F1

Green Shift+Ctrl+G (Green) F2

Yellow Shift+Ctrl+Y (Yellow) F3

Blue Shift+Ctrl+B (Blue) F4

ToggleFullscreen OemMinus (ToggleFullscreen) \ (backslash)

BigStepBack Down (BigStepBack) ] (closesquarebracket)

BigStepForward Up (BigStepForward) [ (opensquarebracket)

Off Ctrl+F12 (PowerOff) S

AudioDelay F3  A

Zoom+ Shift+Oem4 +(plus)  Correct XBMC label is "ZoomIn"!

Zoom- OemPlus  -(minus)   Correct XBMC label is "ZoomÒut"!

SubtitleDelay- F5 n/a  Not available in default keyboard map
SubtitleDelay F4 n/a  Not available in default keyboard map  
SubtitleDelay+ F6 n/a  Not available in default keyboard map
AudioDelay- F1 n/a  Not available in default keyboard map
AudioDelay+ F2 n/a  Not available in default keyboard map 

Key Codes that works in current Profile:

Harmony One Button Label Flirc Native XBMC Profile Key

Info I

Up Up Arrow (DirectionUp)    

Down Down Arrow (DirectionDown)    

Left Left Arrow (DirectionLeft)    

Right Right Arrow (DirectionRight)    

OK Return (Select)    
Pause || Space            

Stop  X    

1 1    

2 2    

3 3    

4 4    

5 5    

6 6    

7 7    

8 8    

9 9    

0 0                    

Touch Screen Buttton Flirc Native Profile

Back Backspace 

Fullscreen Tab  

ParentFolder Space 

NextSubtitle L  

ZoomNormal 0  

ZoomLevel1 1  

ZoomLevel2 2   

ZoomLevel3 3  

Rotate R

SubtitleShiftUp Ctrl+Up  

SubtitleShiftDown Ctrl+Down

SubtitleAlign Ctrl+T 

Screenshot PrintScreen

ToggleWatched W

ContextMenu C  

ShowSubtitles T  

AspectRatio Z  

StepBack OemComma  

StepForward OemPeriod

EDIT

Found out a page where Jason has documentet the mappings of codes for the flirc GUI, I thought it would appropriate with a link to it from here as referens: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202923419-Controller-presets-in-Flirc-GUI

Edited by Videonisse

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been trying to get Poweroff to work.

So in theory, until the profile is updated, one could edit the XBMC mapping and map suspend to Ctrl+F12?

IE doing something like:

<F12 mod="ctrl">XBMC.Suspend()</f12>

Haven't tried this approach as I didn't know what keys PowerOff sent.

I'll see if I can create other remappings - like Skip Back |<< etc

Edited by GoodOmens

Ok it worked.

In the harmony remote settings (The harmony software) edit the XMBC device (IE the Flirc profile for the XBMC).  Change the power settings to "One key turns the device on and off" and set it to Poweroff.  Ensure that for the activity you created for the XBMC is powered off when not in use.

Then ssh into xbmc and create suspend.xml in .xbmc/userdata/keyboards with the following:

<keymap>
 <global>
  <keyboard>
   <f12 mod="ctrl">XBMC.Suspend()</f12>
  </keyboard>
 </global>
</keymap>

Now when turning off the device the XBMC will suspend!  Works just great on the chrome box.

Edited by GoodOmens

Ok it worked.

In the harmony remote settings (The harmony software) edit the XMBC device (IE the Flirc profile for the XBMC).  Change the power settings to "One key turns the device on and off" and set it to Poweroff.  Ensure that for the activity you created for the XBMC is powered off when not in use.

Then ssh into xbmc and create suspend.xml in .xbmc/userdata/keyboards with the following:

<keymap>
 <global>
  <keyboard>
  </keyboard>
 </global>
</keymap>

Now when turning off the device the XBMC will suspend!  Works just great on the chrome box.

Yeah sorry for the multiposts, GoodOmen can you please tell me how to do this on the Chromebox and Openelec? I can not even change a dir in Linux.

Yeah sorry for the multiposts, GoodOmen can you please tell me how to do this on the Chromebox and Openelec? I can not even change a dir in Linux.

What exactly do you need help with?

The Harmony profile provided from Flirc includes a Poweroff command that sends the XBMC the keyboard command Ctrl-F12.  Since that keyboard command does absolutely nothing I'm simply telling the XMBC to respond to that keyboard command by suspending through a custom keymap profile.

This is how to ssh into openelec: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/OpenELEC_FAQ#SSH

This tells you everything you need to know about keymapping in xbmc: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap

Edited by GoodOmens

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it worked.

<keymap>
 <global>
  <keyboard>
  </keyboard>
 </global>
</keymap>

Thanks for the great instructions, I am using Kodi 14 and cannot find the keybords subdirectory under /storage/.kodi.userdata, it is not under a folder called peripherals either, should I create this folder and drop the suspend.xml in there?

Many thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Instead of doing keymappings by hand in XBMC. You can use the Keymap Editor addon from the XBMC repository. It works great....unfortunately, Flirc assigns duplicate ID keys....ESPECIALLY to the touch screen buttons on the Harmony One and it has made using it absolutely dreadful. 

I also wish there was a feature where you can see a list of the current button configs from Flirc. I am sure everyone doesn't remember what they mapped all of their keys to. I certainly dont.

Instead of doing keymappings by hand in XBMC. You can use the Keymap Editor addon from the XBMC repository. It works great....unfortunately, Flirc assigns duplicate ID keys....ESPECIALLY to the touch screen buttons on the Harmony One and it has made using it absolutely dreadful. 

I see at least one issue when it comes to a XBMC profile in Harmony - there are many Harmony models and they have different buttons (besides most common ones) and layouts. I don't know how Logitech is managing that but I think it's extremely hard to support all their remotes in a way that all users are happy from the way the keys are mapped to device functions.

I also wish there was a feature where you can see a list of the current button configs from Flirc. I am sure everyone doesn't remember what they mapped all of their keys to. I certainly dont.

I would also like that but I see here two issues:

1. Flirc saves HID codes, not keyboard scan codes. This shouldn't really be a problem because the software already needs to know them to record them in Flirc.

2. All Flirc and its software know about your remote are the hash values of the IR signals sent from remote for each button. So unless someone make a big database of hashes (compatible with Flirc) or IR signals for different remotes all you can get is the hash, not the name of the button.

For the harmony profile in particular I would think it could almost be a drop down selection per button as it's a code that is known to flirc for built in profiles, it could at least say what the "name" of the button is per the harmony profile, but that may not coincide directly with how it's programmed for different harmony remotes, still could help in some cases perhaps.

I'm saying that you can use the Flirc configuration program to assign the right button presses (keys on the keyboard) to the signals the Harmony sends with the default profile to make things work.

You will need to do this manually, however, because quite some keys don't work out of the box (this is where some tweaks to the firmware by Jason would be required).

@Flappy Flirc: I was going to point out something similar.

As you mentioned, it can be worked around very successfully so it doesn't seem to be a priority (e.g. some buttons on the amazon fire haven't been sending so Jason has been troubleshooting that a lot recently.)

Correcting XBMC/Kodi profile doesn't require changing anything on the Harmony side (unless some new buttons would need to be added). On the other hand to add new built-in profile (for example for WMC) Logitech would need to add new profile to the Harmony as well. I don't know if there is some open way to request a new Harmony profile to be added by Logitech or how Flirc/XBMC profile has been requested in the first place.

You Admins, shall I understand that it's very difficult or time consuming to fix those small corrections in the firmware?!

I understand it take a little more time to add the requested missing buttons, but to fix the incorrect ones in fw can't be very hard.

For example it can't be hard to adjust the fw for following codes to the correct one. I have the complete list in my previous post and if some one of you other guys double check if my list are in line with the official info from the Kodi-team, then it should be very easy for Jason to adjust in next fw release.

Function                 Wrong          Correct

Up Arrow                   Up                 PageUp  

Down Arrow              Down             PageDown

Volume Down           Oemplus       - (minus)

Volume Up                Skift+Oem4   + (plus)

Skip Back |<<           R                   , (comma)

Play >                       Ctrl+P            P

Skip Forward >>|      F                    . (period)

Does anyone know what's needed to update the Harmony profile and how the process look likes?

Please, no more bad excuses, instead focus on how we can help Jason making it easier for him to get this done (or if we can do it for him by for example the Harmony profile).