Flirc Forums

Change Log

Jilas671

Hi,

Glad to see things are happening here, and fully understand having delays especially with Jason's health (hopefully all is ok now).

I saw the recent Kickstarter email out,  was the first I heard there was a new version of the app / firmware released as basically my units are sitting in their boxes waiting for future changes.......so leads onto the question.

When there is a new release of either firmware or app, is it possible to get a change log published at that time, just so we know if this is an update we can help support and test.  Also is there any way we can get an alert email for this.

The hardware overall is nice, but I can't use them until the software catches up unfortunately.  And if there is any information that can be shared as to what the order of updates to come is would be useful as well.

(I can safely say exporting configurations to a live drive directory is still broken, still resets the app, with no data saved).

Edited by Jilas671

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 7:11 AM, Jilas671 said:

When there is a new release of either firmware or app, is it possible to get a change log published at that time, just so we know if this is an update we can help support and test.  Also is there any way we can get an alert email for this.

We haven't really done this before, but it sounds as though more people would like this kind of thing, so I've made a signup form specifically for skip updates.

• Thanks 1

So I checked my email, and not seen anything back to say welcome the the list, this is how to unsubscribe etc as is normal (and in some countries a necessary to comply to they various data protection laws etc)   So I'm assuming the list server isn't running yet?

Edited by Jilas671

7 hours ago, Jilas671 said:

So I checked my email, and not seen anything back to say welcome the the list, this is how to unsubscribe etc as is normal (and in some countries a necessary to comply to they various data protection laws etc)   So I'm assuming the list server isn't running yet?

Honestly, I'm not sure how Mailchimp's welcome service works. I'll see about setting up if it isn't.

Lol yes you would have hoped so.

If I remember there is a validation setting as well, so we have to click a link to confirm the email, which stops bots missing your mailing list and typos getting into the system.

Maybe an option to check on as well.

Thanks for looking into it.

• 2 months later...

@Nathan @jason

Guys just wondering if this email list is being used at all (I've had zip via it).  And can't find anything here about updates and what they might have fixed.

I really do understand and appreciate the size of your team, and what you are doing, but even one update a month would be helpful.  Nothing long, just a very quick summary of what's changed, fixed, or even broken, and maybe even a vague what might be happening next month.

Just something to know things are still occurring and it's not a dead product.

Edited by Jilas671
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Jilas671 said:

@Nathan @jason

Guys just wondering if this email list is being used at all (I've had zip via it).  And can't find anything here about updates and what they might have fixed.

I really do understand and appreciate the size of your team, and what you are doing, but even one update a month would be helpful.  Nothing long, just a very quick summary of what's changed, fixed, or even broken, and maybe even a vague what might be happening next month.

Just something to know things are still occurring and it's not a dead product.

We actually have an email written and ready to send, but stopped because we realized the most recent update 0.9.93 probably needed a full blogpost to explain what was going on. Plan is to publish both at the same time. When the email goes out, it'll include .93, .92, and .90 changelogs. Excepting 93, it's mostly just adding devices and performance improvements, so not super exciting, but we should hopefully get it finally sent out in the next little while. After that, I think they should start going out more regularly. 

@Nathan 

Thanks for the reply.   When starting out will mailing lists, it's hard to get the first ones right, that fit with you and your customers (takes a few goes).

One thought that might make life easier, just give a brief summary in the email and then link to the respective posts for the details, then MailChimp will give you stats on what links people open from the email, not just if they got the message (and maybe opened if they allow loading of external content).

I've mentioned this before I'm a fan of regular updates (even just monthly).  As then it's expected and Vs not knowing if you an email got lost or what it just nothing happened.

I hope that helps and do look forward to seeing what comes out.

Good luck

• Like 2