Flirc Forums

Playstation 4

Tony

Hi!

I can't get the Skip and Flirc to work with my Playstation 4. First I tried adding Brand - Flirc and Model - Playstation in the Skip app but this had no effect on any of the buttons I tried. I then tried downloading the Flirc software, connecting the Flirc to my computer and map buttons on my Skip to the buttons on the Playstation 4 remote in the app but this didn't have any effect either (well, the app said that the keys got mapped when I pressed them). Do I need the Flirc software or should it be enough with the Skip app?

• 2 weeks later...

Well this sucks. Downloaded the latest version and ran it. My activities disappeared but no worries, they are pretty simple to setup again. But now Flirc isn't even available as a device any longer so there really isn't anything for me to test. To try and get my old activities back I installed the previous version again but no matter what I do now the app can't find the remote. So the remote I've been using since the day I got it is useless right now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

First, make sure that Skip, Flirc, and your PlayStation 4 are compatible. Compatibility is key. Besides, check that your Skip app and Flirc software are both up to date.
When you're mapping buttons, be really precise and make sure you're mapping the correct functions to the right buttons.
After making changes, try restarting your PlayStation 4 and your Skip device to see if the settings take effect.
And while you're troubleshooting, if you need a break or just some fun, you could even try playing solitaire for money. It's a cool way to relax and maybe even win a little cash on the side.

Edited by rajinba

• 3 months later...

For proper functionality, both the Skip app and Flirc software may be necessary to configure Skip and Flirc with your Playstation 4 effectively. It's recommended to follow the setup instructions provided by Flirc for mapping buttons accurately. For more detailed guidance, you can refer to tutorials or contact Flirc's customer support for assistance. Additionally, here's a guide on Fortnite ranked modes, ranks, and rules for those interested: https://www.vpesports.com/fortnite-ranked-guide-game-modes-ranks-and-rules

Edited by Dorotnas