Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.3 Beta

jason

New Beta can be downloaded on the front page. Minor changes to help those with USB issues.

• Windows USB Connection Improvements

IMPORTANT

A number of users are showing issues related to some older versions of software. To make sure you have clean data storage, please completely remove all other copies of the application. 

Windows 11

• Go to add Remove Programs
  • Remove all Skip Applications

Windows 10

• Click on Start-Apps
    • Find SkipApp
    • Right Click and Uninstall, see image below
  • Remove all Skip Applicationsimage.png

I removed 0.9.2, rebooted, installed 0.9.3, rebooted - still same issue. Remote flashes sync for a 1/2 sec when connected then changes to offline and stays that way. I've tried the cable it came with, another USB-C to USB-C and a USB-A to USB-C. All of them seem to have the same issue. The remote appears to disconnect from the PC repeatedly as well.

On a side note, when you add a Nvidia Shield what button is the back button? There's a "BRAKE", a "GAS", a "REVERSE" (I think this is rewind?), and an "EXIT" but nothing I would consider a "BACK" function?

edit: this is Windows 10 BTW, I don't have 11 on a machine currently although I do have a laptop coming for my wife this week that will have 11 on it.

Edited by tauwyt

29 minutes ago, tauwyt said:

I removed 0.9.2, rebooted, installed 0.9.3, rebooted - still same issue. Remote flashes sync for a 1/2 sec when connected then changes to offline and stays that way. I've tried the cable it came with, another USB-C to USB-C and a USB-A to USB-C. All of them seem to have the same issue. The remote appears to disconnect from the PC repeatedly as well.

On a side note, when you add a Nvidia Shield what button is the back button? There's a "BRAKE", a "GAS", a "REVERSE" (I think this is rewind?), and an "EXIT" but nothing I would consider a "BACK" function?

edit: this is Windows 10 BTW, I don't have 11 on a machine currently although I do have a laptop coming for my wife this week that will have 11 on it.

Thanks for the additional info. Can you send me your log file? 

I can pull it for you if you can point in to the location it's stored. I don't see a way to open it from the app itself.

On a side note I forgot I could use my W11 laptop from work which DOES keep the sync so it might just be a W10 issue. I was able to get the Sony TV and Denon AVR mostly working but the Shield TV doesn't seem to work at all. It does work with my old Logitech 650 and the FLIRC dongle so I'm fairly certain it just has the wrong commands in the DB for it? Seems to be missing a few commands as well... like the back button.

21 minutes ago, tauwyt said:

I can pull it for you if you can point in to the location it's stored. I don't see a way to open it from the app itself.

On a side note I forgot I could use my W11 laptop from work which DOES keep the sync so it might just be a W10 issue. I was able to get the Sony TV and Denon AVR mostly working but the Shield TV doesn't seem to work at all. It does work with my old Logitech 650 and the FLIRC dongle so I'm fairly certain it just has the wrong commands in the DB for it? Seems to be missing a few commands as well... like the back button.

You can use the flirc firetv profile in the database. 

I only test on windows 10. Did you try different usb ports? Let me get you the folder location in a sec. 

9 minutes ago, jason said:

You can use the flirc firetv profile in the database. 

I only test on windows 10. Did you try different usb ports? Let me get you the folder location in a sec. 

Yes sir I tried multiple cables and multiple ports all had the same issue. I use those same cables/ports with my old harmony remote and my Xbox controller so they should be fine.

I'll try using the FireTV profile instead of the ShieldTV one in a bit, I'm guessing the Shield profile is just incorrect at the moment?

1 hour ago, tauwyt said:

Yes sir I tried multiple cables and multiple ports all had the same issue. I use those same cables/ports with my old harmony remote and my Xbox controller so they should be fine.

I'll try using the FireTV profile instead of the ShieldTV one in a bit, I'm guessing the Shield profile is just incorrect at the moment?

Ah okay, I need to fix this. It should show up here. I'll get this posted tomorrow.

CleanShot 2023-01-11 at 20.18.30.png

2 hours ago, tauwyt said:

Log file is stored here: %localappdata%\Packages\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_sddpyax1dmvqm\LocalState

I've the same issue, with new version as well; using same cable that works via the MacOS VM. For some reason I cannot upload any files to the forum, heres this instead https://pastebin.com/FApn7Rjd. It says "1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 71.315kB, and was skipped" when I try to upload ANY files or pictures.

1 hour ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

Log file is stored here: %localappdata%\Packages\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_sddpyax1dmvqm\LocalState

I've the same issue, with new version as well; using same cable that works via the MacOS VM. For some reason I cannot upload any files to the forum, heres this instead https://pastebin.com/FApn7Rjd. It says "1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 71.315kB, and was skipped" when I try to upload ANY files or pictures.

thank you, going over it.

3 hours ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

You available for connecting to see if we can fix this together? I’m in California and Agustin is in Brazil 

Hello, I'm having the same issue on windows 10 with 9.3. Install and start the app, when i plug in remote I get the standard windows usb chime, the offline sign flickers to online then stays on offline and nothing happens. Tried 2 ports, 2 different cables same result.

I can't upload log file because its 540kb.

3 hours ago, Slaw said:

Hello, I'm having the same issue on windows 10 with 9.3. Install and start the app, when i plug in remote I get the standard windows usb chime, the offline sign flickers to online then stays on offline and nothing happens. Tried 2 ports, 2 different cables same result.

I can't upload log file because its 540kb.

Ugh, let me check the upload. so strange. 

Alright, posting a new version and starting another thread. Hopefully this is it.

• jason locked and unpinned this topic