Flirc Forums

Stuck In DFU Mode and Can't Connect to Computer

mechman

Hi, 

We've been happily using the remote for a couple months now and it's honestly been great. 

Unfortunately, as the title says, I've run into a problem and can't seem to troubleshoot my way out of it.

We just purchased a new tuner box and I wanted to add it to the remote. Since the box wasn't on the list, it needed to be added like our projector. Not a problem, except the record button was greyed out on the app.

I haven't updated the software since I got the remote - so I decided install the latest beta.

The record button was still greyed out, and I wasn't prompted to update the software - so I followed the linked instructions.

That didn't work, so I tried the manual firmware update.  I looked away from the updater after starting it, and it said disconnected, so I figured it was done. 

Unfortunately, I forgot to put the batteries back in before running the updater.

I'm not sure if that caused the problem, but since then I have not been able to connect to the remote. 

Connecting it to a computer does not show that a device is connected - i have tried two windows computers and a linux machine.  I have tried a couple different USB cables. Nothing doing.

With batteries in the light blinks red three times when a button is pushed.

When plugged into the computer without batteries, the light blinks red three times when a button is pushed. But the computer shows no indication that a device has been connected.

Did I fry something inside, or is it stuck in some weird bootloop?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Dan

Making a mention to @Nathan and @jason to bring this on the radar.

Reading through a bit more of the forums I came across this post that seems to align with my issue. 

If this was caused by my mistake I'll pony up for a new one, just looking to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, mechman said:

Making a mention to @Nathan and @jason to bring this on the radar.

Reading through a bit more of the forums I came across this post that seems to align with my issue. 

If this was caused by my mistake I'll pony up for a new one, just looking to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

Thanks!

It's borked, send me a pm.