Flirc Forums

I wished ?????

IanS

I got this 1s last year around Black Friday for something as stocking filler for Xmas, anyway only just got around to setting it up 

and all I can say is I wish I'd tried it just after purchase because if i had I'd have returned it the setup procedure is not the best

then I discover that on the LG TV setting important thing like AV switching aren't there this has then lead me down the rabbit hole of 

learning remote (yes i appreciate its in alpha) so after lots of wasted hours and going through the recording process I've eventually got it to work.

anyway my thoughts

1 Why do I have to keep having to design the remote and is it even necessary to do this you've physical buttons that can't be changed

its not as if its a touch sensitive screen and you design your own layout, 

2 The learning functionality is poor to say the least keeping the two remotes in the same position certain commands fail to be read and 

sometimes they are read but when you test they don't work so you have to go back and start the whole process again in designing.

3 I've seen the Skip application on one occasion, go to 40% CPU usage on a 10th gen I7.

4 I've also seen the remote not recognised by the computer which required a reboot of the computer and the removal of batteries to see if I could

do a firmware upgrade it kept trying without luck anyway I left the computer for an hour or so while having lunch I came back and it'd firmware updated and the

computer was recognising the remote again.

So long story short in all the years I've had all manner of all in one remotes including Phillips Pronto (this was by far the best and just wish they still existed) Logitech Harmony the good old One For All' to name but a few, anyway this has got to rate as the worst and if I could have returned it, I like the hardware feel but the Software / Firmware is a long way from being ready.    As I'm stuck with it I just hope and pray that its improves substantially because I won't be going through what I've just been through again especially knowing what I was doing was right as I have a working remote now but getting here just wasted way to much time.

I appreciate your comments, I just wasn't expecting to have to be an alpha tester to get simple functionality to work like AV switching on an LG TV

this is what annoyed me. I have much more interesting things to do with my time that I actually want to be doing rather than spending it on Alpha testing,

either way I have fed back my observations on what I've seen on the Alpha 3 (I think it was at the time.)

Ian

On 1/28/2024 at 8:05 AM, IanS said:

I appreciate your comments, I just wasn't expecting to have to be an alpha tester to get simple functionality to work like AV switching on an LG TV

this is what annoyed me. I have much more interesting things to do with my time that I actually want to be doing rather than spending it on Alpha testing,

either way I have fed back my observations on what I've seen on the Alpha 3 (I think it was at the time.)

Ian

I appreciate your feedback. I'll spare the details, but the delay in this was a massive technical marathon that I did not anticipate. All the way from the firmware to the app, it was a massive bitch. We have one more bug and the next update will likely be a release candidate. I'm really sorry for the frustration but appreciate all the feedback, support, and patience. I know it does not appear so, but we only have a few people at the company. 

• Like 1

Thanks Jason, as an additional comment which you've probably already addressed as a bug its been running for a week ok then this morning I'd been using the remote then went into the bathroom came back remote dead popped the batteries out to do a reset up and running again.

Ian