Flirc Forums

Changing channels buggy

bfliar

After a lot of trial an error, I figured out the right device to use for my cable receiver. It's not perfect (not all of the buttons, such as "page up" and "page down" are available) but it "mostly" works.

What really doesn't work well is clicking through channels. I click channel up, and it works but I have to wait for several seconds (sometimes 20-30 seances) before the remote will respond to my clicking the same button again.

For example: click channel up, then click channel down and it works pretty much right away. Click channel up, channel moves up, but that button will not respond again for 20-30 seconds. I found that if I click the button multiple times, sometimes it will go faster, but it's not reliable.

This basically makes the remote as an option for channel surfing useless. I don't have this problem using the native remote, or using the Harmony iOS app.

Is there a delay built in somewhere? Can that be changed/updated?

• 6 months later...

Hey Jason - After setting the remote aside for a couple of months, seeing that you had a bunch of updates, I decided to take it for another spin on the weekend.

Overall, things appear to be working much better. I still have some gripes, but I can now reliably power things on and control my devices. But...

I'm still having a problem with our cable box. I noted that there was a new entry to choose from for UIW Series IPTV Receivers (which matches my model number) but I still can't press the same button twice in a row.

Honestly it's intolerable. I'm still giving it a go, but it's an absolute dealbreaker for my wife.

If there is anything I can do to help resolve this problem?