Flirc Forums

PS4

reposter432

I just purchased the Flirc for my PS4.  I plugged it into my laptop and installed the software under Win 7.  I was able to run the GUI to program it, but from the command line I get no response when trying to run "flirc_util record pause". It just returns immediately to command prompt.  I tried reboot as well as unplugging dongle and plugging it back in.

Any help?

I had this once, and every other time I just get the "Warning: Cannot open USB Device" message. 

I just purchased the Flirc for my PS4.  I plugged it into my laptop and installed the software under Win 7.  I was able to run the GUI to program it, but from the command line I get no response when trying to run "flirc_util record pause". It just returns immediately to command prompt.  I tried reboot as well as unplugging dongle and plugging it back in.

Any help?

I decided to try to update the firmware from 3.1 and got a prompt to load driver followed by a driver not found message.  Do I need to manually locate and install the driver?

Any help?

This is some problem with Windows' cmd shell application. I also have this problem. You can fix this by using full file name: flirc_util.exe instead of just flirc_util.

• Like 1

I believe he is referring to the pause/break key, which maps to the PS4 Home button. We need to manually record it via cmd prompt, however as per my previous post, I have not been able to do this due to the error: Warning: Cannot open USB Device whenever I try run record from cmd. 

I think you somenoe mentioned you have to do:

flirc_util.exe record <item>

Don't forget the dot exe

** EDIT **

Was Yawor above

I don't know if this is the case. The extension is required if flirc_util just exits without displaying any messages. I think dwnz has some driver issues.

I believe he is referring to the pause/break key, which maps to the PS4 Home button. We need to manually record it via cmd prompt, however as per my previous post, I have not been able to do this due to the error: Warning: Cannot open USB Device whenever I try run record from cmd.

make sure the GUI is not open while you are running the commandline. Either app opens the device exclusively. 

make sure the GUI is not open while you are running the commandline. Either app opens the device exclusively. 

I actually have no idea how to write the "flircutil record pause". Do I just open command prompt as an admin or terminal? I tried to search the forums but I haven't found anything specific to this. I can wait if you're planning to write a controller profile for the Flirc app. Thanks again for all your help. So excited to have a remote for my PS4 :)

This is some problem with Windows' cmd shell application. I also have this problem. You can fix this by using full file name: flirc_util.exe instead of just flirc_util.

I have the same issue of the command line opening ever so briefly, then disappearing. I tried using flirc_util.exe instead of just flirc_util, with the same results.  

I'll take a video of this

Open up start menu, type run, and then, cmd

Browse to C:\Program Files\Flirc

Then find flirc_util.exe in there

then do:

flirc_util.exe 'commands'

I must still be doing something wrong....sorry, but I have almost no experience using this method. I'm going to have to wait for the video.

I'm not sure what to do after I select start, then type run into the search box. Do I hit enter? I can't immediately type cmd?? Again, sorry for my ignorance.

Edited by clotter

I must still be doing something wrong....sorry, but I have almost no experience using this method. I'm going to have to wait for the video.

I'm not sure what to do after I select start, then type run into the search box. Do I hit enter? I can't immediately type cmd?? Again, sorry for my ignorance.

let's try the team viewer session, I should be free in 2 hours. Ping me on gchat too which is just jasonkotzin, or skype, same ID

Wish we had fast forward and rewind options. :mellow: They are the L2 and R2 buttons on the dualshock4 if anyone can figure out what keys that matches up with.

When I enable HDMI CEC with another TV and lug the PS4 to the TV which supports CEC the fast forward (R2) and rewind (L2) as well as next (R1) and previous (L1) work on the tv's remote control through CEC. I wonder if some genius could figure out what keystrokes would emulate this. :D

Wish we had fast forward and rewind options. :mellow: They are the L2 and R2 buttons on the dualshock4 if anyone can figure out what keys that matches up with.

When I enable HDMI CEC with another TV and lug the PS4 to the TV which supports CEC the fast forward (R2) and rewind (L2) as well as next (R1) and previous (L1) work on the tv's remote control through CEC. I wonder if some genius could figure out what keystrokes would emulate this. :D

Unfortunately some buttons just aren't mapped to keyboard keys. However if you are using a Harmony remote you can map some buttons to FLIRC Keys, and other buttons to TV remote buttons.