Flirc Forums
stage

Adding support for Nvidia Shield TV

4 hours ago, hedkase said:

Hey Jason, thanks for the reply. Do you mean format and repair the Flirc device? Is there a walkthrough on how to do that?

I reset firmware in the advanced settings which didn't change anything.

1 hour ago, jason said:

File - clear configuration

then use my software and teach the remote to Flirc again.  

Thanks Jason, I’ll give that a go. 

One question though. I want the Flirc unit to use the stock Shield remote codes but when I tried to learn from the 2019 Shield Pro remote, I get nothing. Maybe that remote isn’t IR?

6 hours ago, hedkase said:

One question though. I want the Flirc unit to use the stock Shield remote codes but when I tried to learn from the 2019 Shield Pro remote, I get nothing. Maybe that remote isn’t IR?

Download my software to your comuter. Launch that. 

Go to file-> controllers Nvidia Shield Gen2. Grab your celestron remote, and then pair the buttons on my GUI with your crestron remote.

20 hours ago, hedkase said:

and yes, it's because it's not IR. You are basically pairing the same functionality of the shield remote into another IR remote. So that when you press those buttons on your remote, they do those same functions as the bluetooth remote on the shield.

Jason, Sorry if this has already been asked I have a new 2019 Shield TV Pro, Harmony Elite Remote, and FLIRC.  The Shield is far away from the Harmony hub so the Harmony has a wired IR dongle that is runs to the FLIRC to get commands to it for the Shield.  Everything works fine per the FLIRC setup instructions (adding device FLIRC manufacturer and Shield TV model) but the Shield does not turn off with the Harmony.  There appears to be a line in the shutdown sequence to shut down the shield but it does not seem to do anything.  Also when I look at the commands available to the FLIRC device, there is no power button there.  Any advice would be helpful to add the power command to this Harmony "device" would be appreciated.  Screenshots from MyHarmony below.  Thank you!

Available Commands.JPG

FLIRC Shield Device.JPG

Shutdown Sequence.JPG