Jump to content
Flirc Forums

Buttons are not always responsive


Fardi273
 Share

Recommended Posts

Brand: Singtel

Model: HD DVR (Mio TV) Cable Reveiver (Set Top Box)

Problem: Press 10 times, maybe 1 or 2 are ok. Most of them no response. No problem when using original remote.

I press the remote around 1m from the box.

Pls help. Thanks.

 

Edit: It's working fine controlling Panasonic TV and Onkyo Receiver. I'm having problem with Singtel device only.

Edited by Fardi273
Added info about status on other devices
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here.

Setup is

TV: LG OLED55E6P
Audio: Sonos Playbar
Cable Box: ARRIS XG1v4 (Xfinity X1)
Set as Activity B

First, the XG1v4 isn't in the list (the XG1v3 is), though Xfinity X1 is. That seems to work, however button presses are very intermittent. I'd say I also have about a 10% success rate. But what's also weird is that sometimes when button presses do register, the incorrect press is registered. For example, if I hit play or pause on live TV, it normally doesn't register, but when it does, it might end up fast forwarding or rewinding. It's very bizarre behavior. 

What does work though is changing the channels manually. If I hit channel up or down, it's responsive and works very well. 

Contrast this to by Activity A, which is Streaming.

TV: LG OLED55E6P
Audio: Sonos Playbar
Set as Activity A

This works flawlessly. I'm able to navigate any streaming apps (Hulu, Netflix, etc), play, pause, fast forward, etc. all work great. Audio is responsive too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fardi273 said:

Yes, i have the original remotes and I also have flirc usb

Perfect, can you fire up the Flirc USB app, go to file->device log. Enable IR debugging. 

With the original remote, click and hold one of the problematic buttons for a couple seconds. Then wait about 2 seconds, and do the same on the skip with the same button. That will be really helpful. Not to worry, this is fixeable. Just let me have a stab at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, infrb said:

I do have the original remote, but I don't have a flirc USB. Is there anything you'd like me to do with my cable box setup?

I'm willing to bet whatever @Fardi273is seeing, is the same issue. If it's a problem with the database, or decoding an entry, I'll fix it. So let's wait for @Fardi273, me to pull out some hair, and I'll get it fixed. Promise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jason said:

I'm willing to bet whatever @Fardi273is seeing, is the same issue. If it's a problem with the database, or decoding an entry, I'll fix it. So let's wait for @Fardi273, me to pull out some hair, and I'll get it fixed. Promise. 

I think we might have a repro from a team member, will start to work on this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jason said:

I think we might have a repro from a team member, will start to work on this

Great.. Looking forward for the solution. I don't have access to my remotes right now, but I will attached my results here within today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, infrb said:

Thanks.

I also have the issue with a Xbox Series X. 

Ooh I'm having this issue with a Series X as well. I thought maybe it was just that my Xbox is at the bottom of my console and wasn't receiving the IR well enough but even if I stick the remote directly in front of the IR receiver on the console, it still doesn't seem to be 100% consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, theboomr said:

Ooh I'm having this issue with a Series X as well. I thought maybe it was just that my Xbox is at the bottom of my console and wasn't receiving the IR well enough but even if I stick the remote directly in front of the IR receiver on the console, it still doesn't seem to be 100% consistent.

What was the make and device of the code you have installed. I should have this figured out tomorrow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jason said:

Perfect, can you fire up the Flirc USB app, go to file->device log. Enable IR debugging. 

With the original remote, click and hold one of the problematic buttons for a couple seconds. Then wait about 2 seconds, and do the same on the skip with the same button. That will be really helpful. Not to worry, this is fixeable. Just let me have a stab at it.

Here's the results. I just notice when typing now that I press skip remote 1st in each file. Hope it's fine. If not, I take again next time.

log1: Ch down button (problematic with skip, ok on original). Skip remote, followed by original remote.

log2: Ch up button (OK. TV channel was changed). Skip remote, followed by original remote.

my_flirc_log1 - Ch down (no response).txt my_flirc_log2 - Ch up (OK).txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Fardi273 said:

Here's the results. I just notice when typing now that I press skip remote 1st in each file. Hope it's fine. If not, I take again next time.

log1: Ch down button (problematic with skip, ok on original). Skip remote, followed by original remote.

log2: Ch up button (OK. TV channel was changed). Skip remote, followed by original remote.

my_flirc_log1 - Ch down (no response).txt 12.23 kB · 2 downloads my_flirc_log2 - Ch up (OK).txt 11.76 kB · 1 download

@Fardi273I'm stuck. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. 
Can you separate these. Can you create two distinct files. One with CH down skip. One with Channel down original. And also attach your configuration, specify which device is giving you the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, theboomr said:

Ooh I'm having this issue with a Series X as well. I thought maybe it was just that my Xbox is at the bottom of my console and wasn't receiving the IR well enough but even if I stick the remote directly in front of the IR receiver on the console, it still doesn't seem to be 100% consistent.

Can you export your configuration, attach here? Is there one button inparticular that is problematic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, infrb said:

Game Console - Microsoft - Xbox One.

@jason this is also the config I was selecting to use with my Series X. I didn't have time to do thorough testing yet but it seemed like all buttons were problematic, not any one in particular. I know there is an option to adjust button repeats/timing, I didn't try messing with that yet either.

Edited by theboomr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theboomr said:

@jason this is also the config I was selecting to use with my Series X. I didn't have time to do thorough testing yet but it seemed like all buttons were problematic, not any one in particular.

Got it, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jason said:

@Fardi273I'm stuck. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. 
Can you separate these. Can you create two distinct files. One with CH down skip. One with Channel down original. And also attach your configuration, specify which device is giving you the problem?

Attached. This time I change the problematic button to number 6. Channel down somehow recovered by itself. Maybe for now only.

my_flirc_log3 - number 6 (original).txt my_flirc_log3 - number 6 (skip).txt Remote Configuration.skip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...