Flirc Forums

Broken delete function

pr0

Every time i try to delete a key another key gets deleted and the key I intended to delete stays. Same on all my 3 flirc's, firmware v2.1 on 2 off them and v1.0 on the third, using both Flirc gui 1.1.5 for windows and cli.

How to solve this?

Any way to delete a key without using a remote? Very frustrating not to be able to delete a ghost key or keys mapped to a missing remote or wrongly mapped keys..

Any one else have this problem?

it's a problem in the firmware, it doesn't know you aren't pressing a remote button. I will have a more advanced input capture in the future, however, I will get a tool out to fix this shortly.

I think you may have misunderstood me, English is obviously not my native language.. :)

This is what seams broken to me (the wrong key does not get deleted by a ghost key):

Every time i try to delete a key another key gets deleted and the key I intended to delete stays. Same on all my 3 flirc's, firmware v2.1 on 2 off them and v1.0 on the third, using both Flirc gui 1.1.5 for windows and cli.

This is more like a request for a new future (that maybe cold have worked as a workaround for the "broken delete"):

Any way to delete a key without using a remote? Very frustrating not to be able to delete a ghost key or keys mapped to a missing remote or wrongly mapped keys..

• 2 weeks later...

it's a problem in the firmware, it doesn't know you aren't pressing a remote button. I will have a more advanced input capture in the future, however, I will get a tool out to fix this shortly.

Have tried to delete keys with the latest Flirc 1.2.0 and firmware v.2.2, the problem is still there. Have also cleared the configuration and started from scratch to see if it made any difference but no. Deleting a key results i a different key deleted, this is NOT a ghost key problem, isn't there anyone else experiencing this? Seems like the software somehow confuses the "index" of stored keys and the index of the key that should get deleted.

I'm not sure, there was similar behavior, but only with firmware v2.0, but I fixed that bug.

I am going to release an update to my commandline tonight. Basically, you can use the following command to display your config and delete a particular index:

⚡  flirc_util settings

sleep detection:  Enabled

noise canceler:   Disabled

inter-key delay:  3

state:            0

builtin profiles: Enable

Memory Info:

keys recorded:  11

keys remaining: 158

memory used:    7%

Recorded Keys:

Index  hash        key

-----  ---------   ---

0  5563511F    play/pause

1  55424110    vol_up

2  150608B0    vol_up

3  34424110    vol_down

4  F40508B0    vol_down

5  B4A1EC0D    stop

6  D5E25310    fast_forward

7  56FDA56E    rewind

8  9629E3CA    rewind

9  F4A5EC0D    prev_track

10  B469B3AD    prev_track

⚡  ./objs/Darwin_x86_64/clang/flirc_util/flirc_util delete_index 5

I'm not sure, there was similar behavior, but only with firmware v2.0, but I fixed that bug.

I am going to release an update to my commandline tonight. Basically, you can use the following command to display your config and delete a particular index:

⚡  flirc_util settings

sleep detection:  Enabled

noise canceler:   Disabled

inter-key delay:  3

state:            0

builtin profiles: Enable

Memory Info:

keys recorded:  11

keys remaining: 158

memory used:    7%

Recorded Keys:

Index  hash        key

-----  ---------   ---

0  5563511F    play/pause

1  55424110    vol_up

2  150608B0    vol_up

3  34424110    vol_down

4  F40508B0    vol_down

5  B4A1EC0D    stop

6  D5E25310    fast_forward

7  56FDA56E    rewind

8  9629E3CA    rewind

9  F4A5EC0D    prev_track

10  B469B3AD    prev_track

⚡  ./objs/Darwin_x86_64/clang/flirc_util/flirc_util delete_index 5

That update will be really helpful! Could I help you solve the bug I'm experiencing, possibly a earlier firmware have corrupted the memory of my 3 flirc's?