Flirc Forums

Battery Life

I am currently on Alpha 6 for the desktop software and firmware 4.13.6-gf65fb2 and it seems to be eating batteries.  I am not sure if this is related to the alpha/firmware so I am posting here. It seems that I have to change the batteries on it quite frequently and I wanted to know if there is a way to lower power usage.  We are currently only using it for tv/av  usage so it is not getting abnormally high usage that would cause such power drain, and OEM remotes get 2+ years out of a set of batteries. In case you are wondering, I seem to have to change the batteries about every 2-4 weeks which is extremely wasteful. I am thinking about migrating to rechargeable to ease the waste, but I am wondering if I can use regular recharge able batteries or should I look toward lithium based rechargeables.

20 minutes ago, RichardS said:

I am currently on Alpha 6 for the desktop software and firmware 4.13.6-gf65fb2 and it seems to be eating batteries.  I am not sure if this is related to the alpha/firmware so I am posting here. It seems that I have to change the batteries on it quite frequently and I wanted to know if there is a way to lower power usage.  We are currently only using it for tv/av  usage so it is not getting abnormally high usage that would cause such power drain, and OEM remotes get 2+ years out of a set of batteries. In case you are wondering, I seem to have to change the batteries about every 2-4 weeks which is extremely wasteful. I am thinking about migrating to rechargeable to ease the waste, but I am wondering if I can use regular recharge able batteries or should I look toward lithium based rechargeables.

Switch back to the public. Only way to know. I have not done due dilligence with the alpha.

• Like 1