Flirc Forums

MECool remote ?

Turbine
Go to solution Solved by jason,

3 minutes ago, Turbine said:

Hey

I just got my Skip 1S remote 

I have MECOOL KM2 Plus streamer which does not appear on the database.

How can I make this to work ?

The only mecool they do have is not working.

Thanks

I’m going to post an update in the forum today so you can learn your remote. We have a lot of work to do on it, it is alpha. 

15 minutes ago, jason said:

Oh.  That’s gonna be a problem. I’ll see if I can find codes but it may not even support IR?

It does support IR .

Only about 10-15% of the buttons are working on my MECool KM2 Plus with the existing MECool model that you do have there. 

Lots of buttons are just missing as well ( channel up & channel down for example )

Edited by Turbine

Just now, Benjamin Metzler said:

Out of curiosity, which buttons are working and which are not?

Side note, someone on the Flipper Zero IR DB has uploaded an Mecool IR file at:

https://github.com/Lucaslhm/Flipper-IRDB/blob/main/Streaming_Devices/Mecool/Mecool_KM6.ir

Not sure how difficult it is to convert to Skip 1s format though.

Good find! I just so happened to write a python script to convert flipper to json. BRB.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Metzler said:

Cool beans. Please make the script available. I just picked up a flipper and would like to be able to convert some things.

Will do. I am going to publish a lot of my scripts and helpers soon, all of it is a bit of a hot mess in a working directory.

@Turbine Try the attached.

MECOOL - KM6.json

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jason said:

Thank you, just delete that, here it is again without that.

I am not sure what I suppose to do with this file.. I added it up with the Admin thing. But i can't see where I choose the buttons.

19 hours ago, Benjamin Metzler said:

https://github.com/Lucaslhm/Flipper-IRDB/blob/main/Streaming_Devices/Mecool/Mecool_KM6.ir

The main buttons missing that I really need is channel up & Channel down

The other ones I can manage

MECOOL - KM6.json 5.88 kB · 0 downloads

19 hours ago, Benjamin Metzler said:

The main buttons missing that I really need is channel up & Channel down

The other ones I can manage

14 hours ago, jason said:

Thank you, just delete that, here it is again without that.

MECOOL - KM6.json 5.88 kB · 0 downloads

I am not sure what I suppose to do with this file.. I added it up with the Admin thing. But I can't see where I choose the buttons.

14 minutes ago, jason said:

If you added it in the brands section of the admin panel, just run through the wizard and it should show up as if it’s been there. 

Well it's not. Only the mecool one from the database is there when I edit buttons

Or maybe it's just added some more buttons to this one. 

But no channel up & channel down :/

Edited by Turbine

2 minutes ago, jason said:

Pretty tuff for me to figure out without a remote or device. But maybe I we can try and reverse engineer it. Let me look at the protocol or come up with a way for you to cycle through different commands until we find the one we need. 

Thank you for your kind help

VERY much appreciated

The database is very lean.. But I do have my other devices remote so I can teach it. ( Onkyo TX-NR609 for exeample or TCL C645 ) 

This one - the remote is missing and I hope I can get it to work with this one

I used my Flipper Zero to capture some codes from the Skip 1s with the Mecool configuration. I have the sample code from here to generate a Flipper Zero IR file (attached) that increments through the possible codes, resulting in 255 codes. This won't work directly with the Skip 1s, but @jason might be able to build a Skip 1s json for testing. I don't have a Mecool unit so I can't test it to know if it will work or not, but it might be worth a try.

demo.ir

1 hour ago, Benjamin Metzler said:

I used my Flipper Zero to capture some codes from the Skip 1s with the Mecool configuration. I have the sample code from here to generate a Flipper Zero IR file (attached) that increments through the possible codes, resulting in 255 codes. This won't work directly with the Skip 1s, but @jason might be able to build a Skip 1s json for testing. I don't have a Mecool unit so I can't test it to know if it will work or not, but it might be worth a try.

demo.ir 23.29 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for doing that, I just worry this is going to be a brutal test. I removed the entries already in the previous config since we already know their assignment.

There is no quick way to test these other than assigning them in the gui.

Mecool - Mecool_KM6.json

I would have left the previous entries to ensure that the flipper generated actually worked with the Skip 1s.

Based on my (limited) experience, if a code exists, it tends to be in the lower range of the numbers. It will be a lot of work though.

@Turbine if you don't see things happening on the Mecool at the lower numbers, it could be my generated codes are wrong. The only way to find out is to test. You can copy the entry to a button and then use the test option in the button menu. Mines greyed out because I don't have the remote attached.

Ben

image.thumb.png.2a4d96b020c0ef1a9fd519425c16bd50.png

25 minutes ago, Benjamin Metzler said:

I would have left the previous entries to ensure that the flipper generated actually worked with the Skip 1s.

Based on my (limited) experience, if a code exists, it tends to be in the lower range of the numbers. It will be a lot of work though.

@Turbine if you don't see things happening on the Mecool at the lower numbers, it could be my generated codes are wrong. The only way to find out is to test. You can copy the entry to a button and then use the test option in the button menu. Mines greyed out because I don't have the remote attached.

Ben

image.thumb.png.2a4d96b020c0ef1a9fd519425c16bd50.png

Theyll be the same. No need to retest. They are identical with different labels.