Flirc Forums

Trying to set up controlling my GamepadUi on Deck has been almost impossible

22 minutes ago, OnSteamDeck said:

I want to have an ultimate set up on Steam Deck but it has been very difficult. The AppImage unistalls after every rebbot and Xbox or Keybindings are impossible to do with the Skip1s and the app, top my knowledge.

please help

What do you mean uninstall? Leave the appimage in your home directory in downloads, or create an app directory in your home folder with a shortcut on the desktop. Steam has a read only file system for the most part.

I haven't had any issues with my deck. What keybindings are you looking for? Under category, do Game Console. Microsoft for the manufacturer, and XBOX as the device.

image.png

Are you using a flirc usb? What do you mean bind?

skipapp for Linux is not installed. There is no shortcut. There is no installer. It’s an isolated container which has all the dependencies to run the app. I have no intentions of pacman/deb/rpm support at the moment.

I run mine from the downloads folder. 

I have two FLIRC USB and 2 Skip 1s remotes. I'm trying to bind controllers button to the Xbox and A Button on steam. Perhaps also bind keys from my logitech k400+ if I figure it out. Basically I want to use a button on the Skip Remote to bring up the equivalent of pressing the Steam button on deck and the Quick Access button (Xbox+A ) on Xbone/360 remotes.

Deck360.skip

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2023 at 3:06 AM, jason said:

We’re looking into this. I don’t have a timeline. But I’ll solve it. Most likely next week. 

@jason, It has been almost a whole month. Any solution? Remember I want to control the gamepad UI completely. Right now we have limited functionality with the kodi setup.
Opening the menus (steam button) on the remote would be awesome.