Flirc Forums

Shield & NUC

CurlyOscar

Can anyone think of a way that I can get an Nvidia Shield and Intel Mini PC to coexist?

I can get them to work independently but if I have them both set up all kinds of stuff starts to happen - Kodi key presses on the NUC launch Netflix on the Shield. That type of stuff.

I’ve tried different  combinations of devices and activities but nothing seems to work

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Presumably you're using a Flirc USB with NUC, right? Add something completely unrelated to the Shield like a home automation device or something, doesn't matter what, as long as it has a bunch of buttons. Then train your Flirc off those buttons using the Flirc app with the Kodi controller. What you're experiencing really probably shouldn't be happening, but this would definitely prevent it. 

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the advice that you gave me and I've not had much success. 

Just for information. I have a Flirc-USB in my Shield and another in the NUC which is running Windows 11 primarily for Kodi.

What I have tried

Shield

Device Installed - Flirc - Shield 2nd Gen then loaded USB with 2nd Gen Controller Keys. I also tried Kodi Controller on USB

Device Installed - Set top box - Nvidia - Shield Android TV with 2nd Gen Controller Keys. I also tried Kodi Controller on USB

Device Installed - Home Automation - Random brand & model then loaded Kodi controller keys

I have put the Flirc USBs into both devices after setting up on the Skip software without selecting any controllers but neither unit responded

I also found another post where a similar problem had been solved using Advanced settings and removing profiles so I tried that but without any noticeable difference.

Where I am now - I have the NUC & Shield set as Flirc Devices, the NUC as Kodi and the Shield as Shield 2nd Gen. This seems to have stopped the Shield affecting the NUC but the NUC is still affecting the Shield. It is as though each key press in Kodi on the NUC is replicated on the Shield. If I do some navigation & press enter a few times on the NUC then switch to the Shield Ih ve seen that Netflix  has launched and is playing, I have seen menus drilled down into. I'm sure you get the picture

Is there anything else you can think of?

Thanks for your help so far