Flirc Forums

Denon DHT-S517

I've tried all of the profiles under Audio->Denon, none seem to work for this particular model. Even the aptly named "DHT-S/T Series (Soundbar)" didn't work.

I think this would probably be a lot easier on users if the app / remote had a "learning" mode, then we could create / share our own mappings instead of having to request them from you :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are working on learning right now. It's no longer being pushed back, it's active in our sprints. I don't have a timeline yet. We have the app in a great spot in terms of bugs, performance, flexibility. This is now our focus. 

In the mean time, I'm debugging denon devices at the moment. Can you give me the model of your device?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jason said:

We are working on learning right now. It's no longer being pushed back, it's active in our sprints. I don't have a timeline yet. We have the app in a great spot in terms of bugs, performance, flexibility. This is now our focus

Excellent!! I'm looking forward to trying it :)

2 hours ago, jason said:

In the mean time, I'm debugging denon devices at the moment. Can you give me the model of your device?

Yeah it's a Denon DHT-S517. Is there any more info you need about it?

13 minutes ago, jason said:

Thanks. I can import this config by enabling the admin panel, and going to Config->Open Config file ?

I tried doing that but clicking on "Open config file" does nothing for me, likely due to there being some significant UI rendering/usability issues (that I emailed you about)... Is there some other way I can import this into the app to try it?

4 minutes ago, clayton said:

Thanks. I can import this config by enabling the admin panel, and going to Config->Open Config file ?

I tried doing that but clicking on "Open config file" does nothing for me, likely due to there being some significant UI rendering/usability issues (that I emailed you about)... Is there some other way I can import this into the app to try it?

In the admin panels, go to the brands tab. Add from there.

Ok added it (the UI textbox to add configs was locked at 1 line high, btw)

I think the device type should be a "Soundbar", it's currently showing as "Audio, Misc"

I added it to an activity, but toggling power to it does not show up in the activity summary, so there's no way to actually turn it on/off (I guess?)

Ya sorry, I'm really trying here, but either the app is very poorly laid out, or I'm having some significant UI issues running this "portable" appimage thing that prevent me from interacting / seeing things the way you intend.

I'm not seeing the same button panel that you have in the user guide, and "draw a circle"... around what?

18 minutes ago, clayton said:

Ya sorry, I'm really trying here, but either the app is very poorly laid out, or I'm having some significant UI issues running this "portable" appimage thing that prevent me from interacting / seeing things the way you intend.

I'm not seeing the same button panel that you have in the user guide, and "draw a circle"... around what?

Oh cool! You are using the linux image. That's awesome. Yeah the tips panel is broken. We are going to fix it so after the wizard, you are shown how to edit the activity. Check this out.