Flirc Forums

Unable to install Win 10 app. .msix not recognised

Someone

I'm not able to install the windows 10 app (and the Linux version simply does not recognized the remote once plugged in, And i'm not rich I don't have a mac)

Tried to install it manually but I could not find a suitable version version for one of the dependencies.

```

PS C:\Users\***\Downloads> add-appxpackage -Path ".\SkipApp-0.9.80-Beta-x64.msix"                                       add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict            validation.                                                                                                             Windows cannot install package SkipApp_0.9.80.6008_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because this package depends on a framework that  could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation,             O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum         version 14.0.30704.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" currently  installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.29231.0_x                                                                  Windows cannot install package SkipApp_0.9.80.6008_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because this package depends on a framework that  could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation,             O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum         version 14.0.30704.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" currently  installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe                                                 Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30035.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30035.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe}        NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 1f45632b-a84e-0013-a466-451f4ea8d901 in the Event Log or use    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 1f45632b-a84e-0013-a466-451f4ea8d901                                     At line:1 char:1                                                                                                        + add-appxpackage -Path ".\SkipApp-0.9.80-Beta-x64.msix"                                                                + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (C:\Users\***\Do...0-Beta-x64.msix:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException         + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand  

```

Can you provide an MSI instead of msix or simply give the list of dependencies with links to where to get them and install them ?

Edited by Someone

On 6/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, Someone said:

I'm not able to install the windows 10 app (and the Linux version simply does not recognized the remote once plugged in, And i'm not rich I don't have a mac)

Tried to install it manually but I could not find a suitable version version for one of the dependencies.

```

PS C:\Users\***\Downloads> add-appxpackage -Path ".\SkipApp-0.9.80-Beta-x64.msix"                                       add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict            validation.                                                                                                             Windows cannot install package SkipApp_0.9.80.6008_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because this package depends on a framework that  could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation,             O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum         version 14.0.30704.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" currently  installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.29231.0_x                                                                  Windows cannot install package SkipApp_0.9.80.6008_x64__sddpyax1dmvqm because this package depends on a framework that  could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation,             O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum         version 14.0.30704.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" currently  installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe                                                 Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30035.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30035.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe}        NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 1f45632b-a84e-0013-a466-451f4ea8d901 in the Event Log or use    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 1f45632b-a84e-0013-a466-451f4ea8d901                                     At line:1 char:1                                                                                                        + add-appxpackage -Path ".\SkipApp-0.9.80-Beta-x64.msix"                                                                + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (C:\Users\***\Do...0-Beta-x64.msix:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException         + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand  

```

Can you provide an MSI instead of msix or simply give the list of dependencies with links to where to get them and install them ?

Follow these steps:

Microsoft App Installer for Windows 10/11 makes it easy to sideload apps and you won’t have to run PowerShell to install apps. Starting on Windows 10 1809, Windows Package Manager is supported via App Installer.

See how to do this thing:

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store on your computer – type Microsoft Store into the search box and click the app to open.

Step 2: Search for App Installer in Store and then install it.

Step 3: Then, double-click on the .msixbundle file and you can see the following window. Just click Install to start installing MSIXBundle.

https://www.minitool.com/news/install-msixbundle-windows.html

• 5 months later...

I just received my Flirc Skip 1s and Flirc receiver today, and I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I managed to install about 4 or 5 different required dependencies through PowerShell, but I’m unable to proceed further because it seems to want this exact dependency version, and I assume even if I managed to get this dependency installed, it will still probably request further dependencies thereafter in order to install the .msix file.

I’m also unable to install the Microsoft App Installer, as I do not have the Microsoft Store to begin with - my PC is running Windows 10 IoT LTSC, a version of Windows 10 that does not include the Microsoft Store (and as far as I’m aware, doesn’t offer a simple method of installing it).

I really wanted to like this remote, and up to this point, I did, but after an hour of utterly fruitless attempts to install the software needed to begin programming/using the remote, I’m admittedly left with quite a sour taste in my mouth.

I don’t mean to sound rude here, but I have to ask - why not just provide a standalone .exe or .msi installer for the software? Why do you need to explicitly use the .msix format here?

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, LucasMertens said:

I just received my Flirc Skip 1s and Flirc receiver today, and I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I managed to install about 4 or 5 different required dependencies through PowerShell, but I’m unable to proceed further because it seems to want this exact dependency version, and I assume even if I managed to get this dependency installed, it will still probably request further dependencies thereafter in order to install the .msix file.

I’m also unable to install the Microsoft App Installer, as I do not have the Microsoft Store to begin with - my PC is running Windows 10 IoT LTSC, a version of Windows 10 that does not include the Microsoft Store (and as far as I’m aware, doesn’t offer a simple method of installing it).

I really wanted to like this remote, and up to this point, I did, but after an hour of utterly fruitless attempts to install the software needed to begin programming/using the remote, I’m admittedly left with quite a sour taste in my mouth.

I don’t mean to sound rude here, but I have to ask - why not just provide a standalone .exe or .msi installer for the software? Why do you need to explicitly use the .msix format here?

React Native doesn't compile to an exe. This is microsoft's new format, and they are forcing everyone to use it.  You can bitch to them, because I hate it, and other apps on the system fuck up our own app.

• jason locked this topic