Flirc Forums

Global list of devices?

Nathan Palmer

It seems that when I set up the Activities for A, B and C that I have to select my devices each time. For my setup it's the same TV (Projector) and the same A/V (Integra) but a different input and device (Apple TV, Blu Ray, etc.) So there is a good amount of overlap between activities. It might be nice to be able to share the already selected devices between all activities. I run into a couple of issues when they are unique per-activity.

1. Usually I have to hunt a little to find the right device. Try one, test it, see if it works. Then I'll find the right one. When I setup another activity a week later I don't remember exactly which one it was, so I have to edit the first one to find out and then go back into the wizard for the second.
  2. The icon colors are different for each activity.. so they almost look like different devices on a quick look. Maybe there is some way to customize those so they match. 

But possibly the idea between activities would be to use this remote for multiple different complete setups with different hardware? (i.e. bedroom vs living room)

All really good points and should be addressed in our next update to our wizard. Especially the way you 'test' a device. A new concept would show you all the buttons for the device selected and you test whatever is selected. It also shows you your previously used devices, but a good idea would be to re-use the previous colors automatically. 

We do have a way to change the color in the next on too. Thanks Nathan. Great feedback.

• 3 months later...

Nathan I agree with you-I shouldn't have to choose the device type (again) then scroll through (again), then figure out why my receiver isn't responding correctly and oh ya, which one was it again??

The types of receivers under Harman Kardon for example, are so general, there's no way in the world that only a handful cover every model.

A list of your current devices cannot be listed ?