Flirc Forums

Lutron IR switches

CalebS

Is it possible to control Lutron IR switches using the Skip 1s? I know that the Lutron IR switches are controlled by their Pico remote, but it would be awesome to be able to have the Skip 1s turn on/off the lights and dim them rather than needing to have a second remote to do that. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:43 PM, CalebS said:

Is it possible to control Lutron IR switches using the Skip 1s? I know that the Lutron IR switches are controlled by their Pico remote, but it would be awesome to be able to have the Skip 1s turn on/off the lights and dim them rather than needing to have a second remote to do that. 

If it's IR, yes.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 5.41.46 PM.png

7 hours ago, CalebS said:

Okay, great. Because I know many other universal remotes have issues with replicating Lutron's Pico remote for some reason. I guess the Skip 1s has solved that issue?

This, I could not tell you. I don't have an IR Lutron switch to test against. With that said, I'm sure if there were problems we'd be happy to work with you to try to solve them. The Flirc USB is designed to read IR codes, and we've been able to use it already to fix several tricky issues. Also the Skip remote itself has an IR reader which will eventually be able to do the same thing.