Flirc Forums

2015 vs 2014 Fire TV, No Home, No Wake/Sleep?

techiejohn

I have both a 2014 and a 2015 Fire TV, with 2 Flircs. I have a Harmony 880 and 890 configured for each respectively. Everything works as expected on the 2014 version.

However, on the 2015 Fire TV, the "Home" function doesn't seem to work. The remote sends the correct signal because either remote will trigger Home on the 2014 TV.

Also the wake/suspend works on 2014 but not on the 2015.

Is this a known problem? Shouldn't the "Home" keyboard trigger be same on both devices?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I cant get Flirc to work at all on my Fire TV 2 (4k). I also have a 1st Gen Fire TV and everything works like a charm (Flicr + Harmony)

On the Fire TV 2 i do not get ANY response. Do i have to do anything on the Fire TV 2 itself to install? on the old one i just plugged in Flirc and everything worked.

Thank you guys

I cant get Flirc to work at all on my Fire TV 2 (4k). I also have a 1st Gen Fire TV and everything works like a charm (Flicr + Harmony)

On the Fire TV 2 i do not get ANY response. Do i have to do anything on the Fire TV 2 itself to install? on the old one i just plugged in Flirc and everything worked.

Thank you guys

Should definitely work on the second generation, the only thing that's really been reported is not responding to the home button.

Amazon is going to release an update on their end to fix the home button, there is a temporary solution in the mean time:  http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1987-amazon-tv-home-button-not-working-with-harmony-remote/#comment-11526