Flirc Forums

Hello guys. Pause/Play doesn't work with spectrum Motorola set top box. Please help there is no other remotes lmao

I really want to use this skip remote but im having a single issue thats preventing me. My harmony remote has separate buttons for pause/play and my cable box has a pause and a play button no pause/play toggle so you can see my issue. I configured the pause/play button with both pause and play but the remote doesnt know if its already paused or playing so when i hit the button it just repeats the command. If im paused, it stays paused, if im playing it stays playing. or it gets stuck in-between and i cant pause or play. I have tried other solutions online which were to make it play only or pause only because some cable boxs are toggle by default if one is selected. This doesn't work with my cable box. DCX3501-M

If there was a way to make it so the remote knows if its paused, then it could play and visa versa. Any ideas?

Just now, jake1232 said:

I really want to use this skip remote but im having a single issue thats preventing me. My harmony remote has separate buttons for pause/play and my cable box has a pause and a play button no pause/play toggle so you can see my issue. I configured the pause/play button with both pause and play but the remote doesnt know if its already paused or playing so when i hit the button it just repeats the command. If im paused, it stays paused, if im playing it stays playing. or it gets stuck in-between and i cant pause or play. I have tried other solutions online which were to make it play only or pause only because some cable boxs are toggle by default if one is selected. This doesn't work with my cable box. DCX3501-M

If there was a way to make it so the remote knows if its paused, then it could play and visa versa. Any ideas?

I’ll start working on this next week along with mute and unmute.