Flirc Forums

Flirc works only when connected to my Mac

gdenicolas
Go to solution Solved by gdenicolas,

18 minutes ago, gdenicolas said:

When I am programming Skip, I test actions (specifically power on a Pioneer vsx1021 receiver), and works great, but when I disconnect Skip from my Mac, Skip couldn't turn on or off the pioneer receiver.

I tried with new batteries, and same results.

This is a new one. Do the lights turn on when disconnected from the computer? Like in the profile buttons and the color ring?

11 minutes ago, gdenicolas said:

Lights turn on after disconnected. Maybe with a little bit lower brightness. I have tried with two different pairs of new batteries.

Nah, not the batteries then. Can you save your configuration file and post it here. Can you also tell me what firmware version you have on your remote?

Okay, firmware is most likely the issue. Remove the batteries. Press the center key and the back key at the same time while plugging in the USB. You should see the lights blink red if you press any button, if not, didn't work. Launch the app, it will upgrade the firmware. If not, let me know.

19 hours ago, gdenicolas said:

it didn't work. I switch from "power on" to "power toggle" , for the Pioneer vsx-1021 receiver, and it worked.

Thanks for your support.

You are on the latest now? What is the firmware version now?

19 hours ago, gdenicolas said:

it didn't work. I switch from "power on" to "power toggle" , for the Pioneer vsx-1021 receiver, and it worked.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks for letting me know it worked, but let me know the firmware version so that I can try to reproduce and get to the bottom of it. Again, thanks for letting me know.