Flirc Forums

Skip App does NOT connect to remote

RRRoamer
Go to solution Solved by jason,

My 1S remote arrived in the mail today.  Unfortunately, nothing I do gets the app to see the remote is connected.  Windows 11.  I waited to connect the remote until after the software was installed and it asked me to connect the remote.  I connect the remote, the computer dings (and I can see that the 1S remote has been added to the USB devices). 

But the software never sees the remote.  It sat on the "click continue" screen for an hour.  Eventually, I told it to skip this step and I did get into the software and setup the remote activities and devices.

I've tried rebooting.  I've manually updated the firmware to the latest version (successfully).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  Nothing works.

When I press the colored button, the ring lights up as expected.

Just nothing I do let's the software see the remote.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Or do I have a paper weight at this time?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, jason said:

Do you have steam installed?

Yes I do.  I take it that is a problem?

That could also explain why I was able to use my laptop to configure the remote (after I started this thread).  It has the same OS (Windows 11 Pro), but it doesn't have Steam on it.

I am having connection issue too. But I think it has to do with the newer builds of windows 11. I am on build 26063 and Skip wont connect. I will try older builds over the weekend to see what happens.

I ran into an issue on a fresh windows 11 install.. Windows is unable to recognize the .msix installation package?? i did all the windows updates and still not working. I searched google about the issue and was unable to find a solution. I know it is out of topic but does anybody here knows how to fix this issue?

25 minutes ago, Fourqui said:

I ran into an issue on a fresh windows 11 install.. Windows is unable to recognize the .msix installation package?? i did all the windows updates and still not working. I searched google about the issue and was unable to find a solution. I know it is out of topic but does anybody here knows how to fix this issue?

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store on your computer – type Microsoft Store into the search box and click the app to open.

Step 2: Search for App Installer in Store and then install it.

Step 3: Then, double-click on the .msixbundle file and you can see the following window. Just click Install to start installing MSIXBundle.

https://www.minitool.com/news/install-msixbundle-windows.html

Ok I did some testing and found that installing Logitech G Hub breaks something and it prevents the Skip remote to be detected. When I connect the Skip the app shows it as Connecting and stays like that. Disconnecting and reconnecting the Skip does nothing. Even after reboot or even uninstalling Logitech G Hub and rebooting changes nothing. I hope that helps the Dev to solve this issue.

• 1 month later...
  • jason locked this topic