Flirc Forums

Is there any work being done on downloadable profiles for relatively common setups?

monkeybrew

I suspect quite a few of us have a TV/media player (Android/Apple TV)/receiver, and a handful of game consoles, etc. Rather than every one of us going through the same tedious process of creating the profile with all those devices (and the more tedious process of troubleshooting why some device(s) will not seem to behave), it would seem reasonable to offer pre-built profiles to start from and adjust as needed.

31 minutes ago, monkeybrew said:

I suspect quite a few of us have a TV/media player (Android/Apple TV)/receiver, and a handful of game consoles, etc. Rather than every one of us going through the same tedious process of creating the profile with all those devices (and the more tedious process of troubleshooting why some device(s) will not seem to behave), it would seem reasonable to offer pre-built profiles to start from and adjust as needed.

Yep, that's the goal. Ultimately it'd be really nice if we had something like a wikipedia of remote codes. Or at the very least a way to make it where once a code has been recorded by a community member, it never needs to be recorded again. Lot of background work on how to make this happen. 

edit: It occurs to me I might have misunderstood what you were asking for. If you mean pre-built activities, probably not. Everyone's setup is unique. We try to make guesses about how people will use the Skip, but they're ultimately just guesses.