Flirc Forums

Skip App 0.9.956 crashing on Windows 11

matthewh

I was attempting to set up a new Skip S1. I installed the Windows version of the app (SkipApp-0.9.956-Beta-x64), but whenever I try to open it, I see the logo for a few seconds, and then it closes. I disabled my antivirus, in case that was blocking it (although nothing in the AV logs indicated that it was), but that made no difference. I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

I was attempting to set up a new Skip S1. I installed the Windows version of the app (SkipApp-0.9.956-Beta-x64), but whenever I try to open it, I see the logo for a few seconds, and then it closes. I disabled my antivirus, in case that was blocking it (although nothing in the AV logs indicated that it was), but that made no difference. I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2. Any suggestions?

Were you actually able to install it? Make sure you have MSIX package support installed.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store on your computer – type Microsoft Store into the search box and click the app to open.

Step 2: Search for App Installer in Store and then install it.

Step 3: Then, double-click on the .msixbundle file and you can see the following window. Just click Install to start installing MSIXBundle.

https://www.minitool.com/news/install-msixbundle-windows.html

App Installer was already installed. This confirmation screen indicated that the Skip App did install successfully:

image.png.cc8e33a379a6d29f7963729f2e10d2c2.png

But when I tried launching the app, I see the start screen for a few seconds, then it disappears:

image.thumb.gif.2763698690512515a373f68d9ce62631.gif

I was able to install and open the app on an older Windows 10 desktop, so I'll just use that to configure the remote.

18 hours ago, matthewh said:

App Installer was already installed. This confirmation screen indicated that the Skip App did install successfully:

image.png.cc8e33a379a6d29f7963729f2e10d2c2.png

But when I tried launching the app, I see the start screen for a few seconds, then it disappears:

image.thumb.gif.2763698690512515a373f68d9ce62631.gif

I was able to install and open the app on an older Windows 10 desktop, so I'll just use that to configure the remote.

Try to see if there are logs here: %localappdata%\Packages\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_sddpyax1dmvqm\LocalState