Flirc Forums

Color wheel timeout

c.dennis

Hi, I’m a big fan of the Skip 1s, I just recently bought my second Skip 1s (from Raspberry Pi Shop dk), I’m using my first one now just for over one year.

My first Skip has firmware version 4.12.11-13 with ring timeout set in the app at 1s, when I press the color button, the color wheel always led up for 6s.
But when I press the color button again before the 6s are passed it will deactivate the color wheel immediately, what I personally find very handy, instead of waiting before it auto timeout.

My second Skip has firmware version 4.13.4-0 also with ring timeout set in the app at 1s, again when I press the color button, the color wheel always led up for 3s.
But with this firmware version, pressing the color button again before the 3s are passed will not deactivate the color wheel immediately, and that is not handy anymore. This way I needlessly have to wait until it auto timeout.

Ring brightness and activity letter brightness and timeout are well respected by the Skip 1s.

So, my question is dual...
- Could it be possible to respect the Ring timeout set in the app?
- Could it be possible to reimplement the ability to press the color button again to directly deactivate the color wheel mode, like it was in firmware 4.12.11-13? That would be very handy.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Dennis

Edit, extra info:
My first skip remote is model: SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A05
My second skip remote is model: SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06

Edited by c.dennis
extra info skip remotes and a some typos

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 3:13 PM, c.dennis said:

Hi, I’m a big fan of the Skip 1s, I just recently bought my second Skip 1s (from Raspberry Pi Shop dk), I’m using my first one now just for over one year.

My first Skip has firmware version 4.12.11-13 with ring timeout set in the app at 1s, when I press the color button, the color wheel always led up for 6s.
But when I press the color button again before the 6s are passed it will deactivate the color wheel immediately, what I personally find very handy, instead of waiting before it auto timeout.

My second Skip has firmware version 4.13.4-0 also with ring timeout set in the app at 1s, again when I press the color button, the color wheel always led up for 3s.
But with this firmware version, pressing the color button again before the 3s are passed will not deactivate the color wheel immediately, and that is not handy anymore. This way I needlessly have to wait until it auto timeout.

Ring brightness and activity letter brightness and timeout are well respected by the Skip 1s.

So, my question is dual...
- Could it be possible to respect the Ring timeout set in the app?
- Could it be possible to reimplement the ability to press the color button again to directly deactivate the color wheel mode, like it was in firmware 4.12.11-13? That would be very handy.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Dennis

Edit, extra info:
My first skip remote is model: SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A05
My second skip remote is model: SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06

It should reset the timeout when you press a color button. I'll double check.

Yes, I'll make it so the color button forces off the feature.

Thanks for the kind feedback, really appreciate it.

• Like 1