Flirc Forums

Channels Controller Questions

GeoffT

@jason I noticed the Windows GUI had an update after my post above which I installed. Did you find and fix the "2" bug? I haven't had a chance to test it yet as my Flircs are in constant use now.

But I need to update my Linux version as that is what I use day to day. I tried again to download the official Linux setup program and get this error whenever I do:

This is from Firefox but I get a similar error on Chrome too (which is why I tried FireFox)

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to apt.flirc.tv. The web site is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the web site’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the web site, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem.

Under advanced the certificate information is shown as:

Web sites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for apt.flirc.tv expired on 20/05/2022.

Edited by GeoffT
Added Certificate info

42 minutes ago, jason said:

Yes, I did update it. 

Are you trying this: 

curl apt.flirc.tv/install.sh | sudo bash 

No, I was trying the download beginning at this page:

https://flirc.com/ubuntu-software-installation-guide

I have just tried the curl command above and it did run and seemed to complete successfully but when I run Flirc I get a long stream of errors starting like this:

] gui/Flirc/src/main.cpp log_setup(131): flirc.ini not in the default location[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_major_version(508): something bad happened
[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_minor_version(498): something bad happened
[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_patch_version(558): something bad happened
[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_major_version(508): something bad happened
[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_minor_version(498): something bad happened
[E] lib/libflirc/flirc_driver.c fl_patch_version(558): something bad happened

The GUI does pop up (version 3.27.10) and works, although the Advanced pop up window is empty.

Edited by GeoffT
added version number