Flirc Forums

Creating a Power On Sequence

keithb

I've just started setting up my Skip 1s as a Harmony One replacement. I have a Samsung TV, a Sony HT Series Sound bar, a Pi4 running Kodi and a Sony BluRay player. The Skip has the devices and can control the well enough. I need to create a power on sequence that turns on the TV and sets it to HDMI 1 in order to display the Pi or HDMI 4 to see the BluRay. I tried dropping the TV HDMI 1 select action onto the power button along with the TV power on action. They both appear, but the HDMI 1 select action doesn't work. I assume this is a timing issue, but I can't see how to sequence the actions and add a delay. I added the power on action first, then the HDMI selection. I expected to see a delay option for the HDMI selection, but that only appears on the power on action. I tried adding the HDMI action first and then the power on action. I was able to add a delay, but it still only appeared to delay the power on & I still couldn't get it to select HDMI 1. If I mapped another button to the HDMI  select action it worked.

The ability to select an HDMI input on the TV was always part of the process to set up an activity in the Harmony One, but it seems to be missing in the Skip app. What am I missing?

Thanks for the prompt reply, but it doesn't work. I've got power on action first then select HDMI 1 next. I can set a delay on the power on action only. All I can do on the HDMI select is set number of repeats. If i set a 5 sec delay on the power on I still can't get the HDMI select to work. I added a dummy action then moved the HDMI select action above it. I could then set a delay on the HDMI selection with the power on action set to zero delay, but it still doesn't work. Only assigning the HDMI select action to another button works.

I had a similar situation, my Pioneer Elite has a ~20 second startup delay before it'll accept any commands.  I thought the delay was on the action...  so in your example, wait 5 seconds and then process the action to move it to HDMI1.  The delay is for the next action which is why there isn't an option for the last action.  Since the max delay is 10 seconds and I needed ~20, I had to add a power-on action for my Apple TV which never really goes off.  This allowed me to have 10 seconds for the TV power on, 10 seconds for the AppleTV power on and then process my HDMI 6 action.  It would be nice just to insert a delay for however long OR not have the delay locked down to 10 seconds.  Thats how Harmony remotes worked if I recall correctly.

Edited by treienr
Typo

One thing that's worked for me in the past is to set your entertainment center to a known state during shutdown rather then trying to get it into a particular state on power up. In that case, I always set my TV to HDMI1 (my Apple TV) when I power down my entertainment center. This saves me from having to worry about trying to configure things during power on (which can take a while).

Thanks guys. I've sort of got this working but it's not very reliable. I've got a Flirc USB receiver, so I used that to record what the Skip 1s was sending out and it's not consistent, so I've programmed the Home button to select the correct HDMI port. I'm still getting to grips with how the Skip 1s does things. I'm uncertain how best to set it up to change from one action to another without powering everything off and on again. Once again, the Harmony handles this this quite well.