Flirc Forums

2023 Amazon FireTV 4K Max v2 no longer works with Flirc

AzJazz

Hi - I just bought the newest 2023 FireTV 4k Max v2 on the Black Friday sales.

While it appeared to work properly with my old Flirc at first, I noticed that it doesn't work 100% of the time. For example, the "OK" button works most of the time, but it doesn't work at all in the Sling TV application. When I switched my new v2 FireTV stick with our FireTV 4K Max v1 stick, Sling TV works perfectly when the OK button is pressed.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

41 minutes ago, AzJazz said:

Hi - I just bought the newest 2023 FireTV 4k Max v2 on the Black Friday sales.

While it appeared to work properly with my old Flirc at first, I noticed that it doesn't work 100% of the time. For example, the "OK" button works most of the time, but it doesn't work at all in the Sling TV application. When I switched my new v2 FireTV stick with our FireTV 4K Max v1 stick, Sling TV works perfectly when the OK button is pressed.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Is that the only app that doesn’t work? Only the okay button and only on one version of the firetv?

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing this with the 2023 FireTV Max "Gen 2".  I have the Gen 1 and it works flawlessly with it.  Seems to be certain screens that do it.  The easiest example is the password screen prompt.  If you have your FTV's parental controls turned on, it will prompt for a pin when you go into something like notifications - Main Screen Setup (cog wheel all the way to the right) -> Notifications.  Navigating to the works fine including using the ok/select button to enter Notification.  It then shows the "Enter Prime Video PIN" screen with the option to enter 1 (up), 2 (right), 3 (down), 4 (left) and 0 (ok/select).  All work except the ok/select button.

I can do more testing if needed.

Ernie

• 1 month later...

Hello. 

It is happening to me with other apps from this specific device. 

The OK buttons works inside FireTV menus and official apps, but any external app is experiencing this issue. 

I understand that it is "only" one button on one device, but the most important one to achieve anything. 

Is there a way we could help troubleshoot? 

Edited by QA_tester

• 1 month later...