Flirc Forums

Dead remote unless plugged into a computer

peabony

My remote was working okay in the beginning although the promised functionality was severely lacking. I went to use the remote one day and it was completely dead. I tried changing the batteries and still nothing no led's upon button presses and none of the functions operated when pressing the buttons. I plugged the remote into the computer and the remote came alive and I could even use some of the "test" functions in the software. Of course not all of the test functions worked because well they never did from the beginning. After doing a complete wipe/delete of the remote in the software I set it back up synced and unplugged and again the remote was dead. Plug it in alive unplug dead. 

Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix? I wanted so bad to buy into the hype about how great this remote was going to be but it has been a huge pile since the day I got it. 

On 11/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, peabony said:

My remote was working okay in the beginning although the promised functionality was severely lacking. I went to use the remote one day and it was completely dead. I tried changing the batteries and still nothing no led's upon button presses and none of the functions operated when pressing the buttons. I plugged the remote into the computer and the remote came alive and I could even use some of the "test" functions in the software. Of course not all of the test functions worked because well they never did from the beginning. After doing a complete wipe/delete of the remote in the software I set it back up synced and unplugged and again the remote was dead. Plug it in alive unplug dead. 

Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix? I wanted so bad to buy into the hype about how great this remote was going to be but it has been a huge pile since the day I got it. 

The batteries are not contacting correctly. Make sure the springs are okay. Specifically the top. I’ve been inspecting and testing all of them and can’t seem to reproduce it. Someone stuck tinfoil I between and another pulled in the terminals. 

On 11/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, peabony said:

Please try the following real quick: 

Ringtune Windows or Ringtune for Mac

Make sure the skipapp is closed, and open this, see if you can control the ring on the remote.