Flirc Forums

Flirc USB and Harmony Hub?

Zoltrix

Hi,

Was looking to purchase a Flirc USB to use with a Harmony Hub, and wanted to check that should be ok? I've seen mention of Harmony remotes, but not he Harmony Hub.

I'm looking to be able to control a HTPC running Windows 10, Kodi, and MPC-BE. Assuming I may need to use the full keyboard option to be able to control both Kodi and MPC-BE?

Cheers

On 8/20/2023 at 8:00 PM, Zoltrix said:

Hi,

Was looking to purchase a Flirc USB to use with a Harmony Hub, and wanted to check that should be ok? I've seen mention of Harmony remotes, but not he Harmony Hub.

I'm looking to be able to control a HTPC running Windows 10, Kodi, and MPC-BE. Assuming I may need to use the full keyboard option to be able to control both Kodi and MPC-BE?

Cheers

Yeah. For sure 

Hey there,

You should be able to use a Flirc USB with your Harmony Hub without any major issues. Both are pretty versatile when it comes to home theater setups, and they usually play well together.

Regarding controlling Kodi and MPC-BE, you're on the right track. Using the full keyboard option will give you the most control over both programs. That way, you can map specific keyboard shortcuts to actions on your Harmony remote. Kodi and MPC-BE have their own set of keyboard commands, so having full access to keyboard commands will help you toggle between them seamlessly.

Just make sure to do a bit of testing to find the setup that works best for you. It might take a little time to get everything configured just right, but once you do, it's pretty sweet!

Cheers

15 hours ago, asifnaveed8527 said:

You should be able to use a Flirc USB with your Harmony Hub without any major issues. Both are pretty versatile when it comes to home theater setups, and they usually play well together.

Yes it worked out better then I thought. As I have my Harmony Hub integrated with Home Assistant, I was also able to add a couple of automations to power on and off the HTPC from the remote. And being able to reassign any button I wanted with the Flirc software made it easy to get what I needed mapped for Kodi and MPC-BE.

Hey there,
While you've mostly heard about Harmony remotes, the Harmony Hub fits right into the mix.

Controlling your HTPC setup with Windows 10, Kodi, and MPC-BE sounds awesome. You're correct that using the full keyboard option is likely your best bet to have seamless control over both Kodi and MPC-BE. Flirc helps you map those keyboard functions to your remote buttons effortlessly.

Oh, and don't forget to tweak your TV settings for the ultimate viewing experience!