Flirc Forums

0.9.6 on Windows 11 very buggy

PelleBoA

Hey. So, received my remote today. I've managed to install the 0.9.6 app and can see that I'm on firmware 4.12.6.0. While I can go through the basic wizard of adding a new activity that's about it. The app often crashes. Had to go through the Add new activity four times before I could actually sync it to the remote as when I was browsing through different brands and models the app often crashed. I think most crashes happened when I had a brand selected, was idling for too long, and then wanted to change the model or brand. Then the app seemed to refresh the brand drop down every millisecond and ended up in some infinity loop...   Here are my other issues.

- In the first "overview" screen where the activities are listed there are some nice Tips on the right hand side. I have NO IDEA how to reach these advanced settings or button panels or anything with regards to advanced editing.

- If these options are reached when clicking on any of the activities that I have set up that explains it. Because as soon as the mouse hovers over an already created activity the app crashes. Instantly and always. The only thing I can do is to create a new activity by going throght the selection of brands and models. I can't edit, enter or delete any already created activities. I can only assume that from within an activity that's where all the good stuff happens :) This is by all means a critical error as I can't really use the remote as is.

- I found my TV and my soundbar but couldn't find my Satelite box. The brand is there, Canal Digital, but there are only older boxes. Not the box they have been using for the past couple of years. The box is called OnePlace but the real model name is S70CDS. I've googled and it's actually manufactured by LG but can't find it anywhere in the app, not from LG or Canal Digital brands in either Set top boxes or Misc sections.

I'm not in a hurry. I'm just really hoping that you will continue improving the software. I'll be happy to test further and supply logs. I can even be an active real time beta tester if that helps. Just reach out.

• jason locked this topic