Flirc Forums
rb.sam

Transmit IR signal on gen 2

Hi everyone! 

I haven't bought the Flirc just yet, my original plan was to buy one along with a Broadlink device so that I could map a button on my non-smart IR tv remote to have the Broadlink send an IR signal to another device (a HDMI switcher box that changes input). But I'm now reading that the 2nd gen of the Flirc does some transmitting! If this is the case then it would mean I don't even need to buy the Broadlink. Could anyone confirm? It doesn't need much range as I'll place the Flirc right in front of the device I'm hoping to transmit to (the HDMI switcher box). 

Thanks!

Edited by rb.sam

I don’t have time to support it right now. It’s all possible through scripting, and quite honestly, I’m not pleased with the transmitter. I’m working on integrating a much higher power transmitter in the next generation. You need line of site, 6 feet max. It’s not good.

24 minutes ago, jason said:

I don’t have time to support it right now. It’s all possible through scripting, and quite honestly, I’m not pleased with the transmitter. I’m working on integrating a much higher power transmitter in the next generation. You need line of site, 6 feet max. It’s not good.

The lack of distance for line of sight wouldn’t be an issue for my desired setup, but it’s the code I’m having trouble with. Whenever you do get time are you able to write something where I can replace certain bits like the IR frequency? No problem if not, I understand if you’re super busy and don’t get the time 

You use the GUI to capture the IR waveform, and use the CLI or SDK to retransmit that same waveform. Only the 38khz frequency is supported.

42 minutes ago, jason said:

You use the GUI to capture the IR waveform, and use the CLI or SDK to retransmit that same waveform. Only the 38khz frequency is supported.

I can’t seem to find the documentation on the SDK, the page I went to is down - got a link? 

https://github.com/flirc/sdk/blob/master/libs/flirc/flirc.h

* fl_transmit_raw() sends a raw packet. Only supported on flirc gen2 hardware
  * @param buf data to transmit, please be responsible, numbers are in
  * micro seconds
  * @param len length of buffer, don't send more than 100 bits, must be
  * even number of bits (edges).
  * @param ik delay to use inbetween packets. Required.
  * Defaults to 40ms if to low.
  * @param repeat repeat count, generally should be 3, 0 is infinit until
  * stopped, currently not supported.
  * @return EOK
  * @return -1 error
  */
  int _DLL fl_transmit_raw(uint16_t *buf, uint16_t len, uint16_t ik, uint8_t repeat);