Flirc Forums

Cannot get Flirc to recognize my Gen1 device (win10)

z-vap

So it seems this may be an issue; Gen1 Flirc with Win10.   I already attempted to follow this thread to no avail.  I will continue trpoubleshooting, but was wondering if there were any other things I could try?  

Would it help if I tried loading a Live USB of Ubuntu or something, and attempting to load up the software that way?

Win10 seems to know the device is there, it makes the noise when its plugged in and unplugged.   In Devices Manager it shows libusbK USB > flirc.   Just that the software never changes to a happy face.  

EDIT: turns out I have a dual boot Linux Mint 19 that i completely forgot about.   I went into there, ran the Debian installer, ran the Flirc util, then when I plugged in the device it came back with "do you want to update the firmware from 1.2 to 3.11"   After that it came up fine in my linux distro.  I wonder if Windows will see it fine now as well.

EDIT2: Now Win10 sees my device.   Earlier I did have to use that Zagit utility but I still was getting the disconnect device, but now I get the driver and the device recognized.  

Edited by z-vap