Flirc Forums

Virus Found in Windows Installation File?

Eric S

I am attempting to get my new Flirc setup today, but everytime I try to download the software Windows Defender says that it found a Trojan in it.  Very frustrated right now as I had planned to spend the entire day getting it setup with my Harmony Hub.  What's going on with this?  I am attempting to download the software directly from your website by the way.

I think it may be a false positive or your network connection may be compromised. I've just downloaded a fresh copy from the flirc.tv website and checked it using metadefender service and none of the 43 antivirus engines they support haven't detected anything. You can see the results for yourself here:

https://www.metadefender.com/#!/results/file/b585b85a23934d5ca6b3619525ec5c96/regular

• 4 years later...

Seconding this - I have downloaded and installed many times in the past but today both Firefox & Chrome are detecting malware in the latest hosted windows installer.

Interestingly, when I installed that version (downloaded through edge which detected nothing), there was an update anyway... So why isn't the latest version hosted for download directly?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...