Flirc Forums

Flirc Problems

NutNothing

First I must say I LOVE my Flirc and really hope to get these problems fixed.

3 Flircs (1 old that has worked for over a year and 2 brand new) using Flirc GUI 1.0 and Firmware 3.6

3 DirecTV Remotes (1 old that worked for over a year and 2 brand new)

1 Windows 7 PC / 1 XMBCBuntu PC / 1 Matricom G Box

1) I bought a Flirc about 1-2 years ago and it had worked flawlessly up until we moved house 3 months ago. At the old house I could be down the hall and around the corner and my remote would work. At the new house I have to be within 3 feet of the Flirc. Nothing has changed with my PC, TV, Remote, or Flirc. Only moved the location.

2) So thinking maybe my Flirc was just giving out I bought 2 additional Flircs a couple months ago. They show "Connected" in the Flirc GUI but nothing works. I cant "Load Conifguration" and I cant program anything. When I plug in the OLD work Flirc it works and I can test the keystrokes in Notepad. I haven't tried to reprogram the old Flirc because I dont want to lose the use of it.

3) I've tried different PCs, different USB ports, different remotes, updating/downgrading GUI and firmware etc. (even an old XP laptop with an old GUI) and nothing gets the new Flircs to record a key.

Please help as I've spent hours trying to figure it out.

It's not your fault. My software should really tell you, 'hey, there is updated software, you should get it'. It should also have said, 'this version of firmware is not compatible with your current version of software, to use this hardware, please upgrade to the latest release'

It was a bit of a learning experience for me. I didn't realize that I should be checking for these things when I released the first version of software, so it has no notion of newer hardware than it can support. It wasn't until I realized I needed to make changes that I screwed up and would render older software incompatible by not doing this check. 

So at some point in between, I started doing this check.

Don't feel bad, it's my responsibility as a product designer to think of these things. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any other trouble.